I've been putting off writing this review because I didn't know where to start. It was amazing from the moment we arrived and were greeted by the Managers - Belinda and Andrew and the resort dog, Pierra - to our sad farewell 10 days later. I needed another week at least.
The weather in August was perfect for moving around without being too hot and the water was always warm. One of the hi-lights for me was the evening I was floating in the bay in front of the resort at 5.30 watching the sun setting in front of me. Magical !
I also loved using the kayaks which Ben or one of the other friendly staff would happily carry down to the water for us. A couple of the kayaks have a glass bottom section for looking at the fish and star-fish.
A couple of times, Pierra came for a walk with us and we enjoyed a swim/dog paddle together.
Happy Hour 5 - 6pm was always an enjoyable part of the day and a very nice prelude to a delicious and well presented dinner. the staff were happy to set up a table for us any-where that took our fancy. The atmosphere was helped by the beautiful flower arrangements and candles set up everywhere and the dim lighting. however, having a little torch came in handy at times.
The continental/tropical breakfast included in the tariff was delicious and perfectly adequate to see us through the day.
The bungalow was rustic, bright during the day, comfortable, clean and perfectly safe. It was so nice to be able to walk out, leaving everything open and not bother taking anything with you other than a camera. At that time of year, the ceiling fans were fine and sometimes not needed at night. The only bugs I saw were little moths while the lights were on.
Another lovely feature of the bungalow was the outdoor setting complete with hammock.
So many choices of areas to spend time relaxing and reading. And of course, there was the Massage Hut. We had 2 wonderful and very professional 1 hour massages.
Paradise Cove is a little way out of town - about 25 minutes drive - but it's so easy to get one of the little buses for 300 vatu if you want to spend time looking around other places and shops in town. In the Bar they have a board that you can put your room number on to book either a 9.30am or 1.30pm bus each day. Then coming back is as easy as waving down one of the same little buses wherever you happen to be at the time. So being out of the way in such a beautiful part of Pt Vila is not a problem at all.
Being so small and intimate, all the staff knew our names, so that made for a very friendly and family type of atmosphere.
The resort is about 10 minutes walk to the local village of Pango and you're welcome to visit the School or one of the Churches. Which we did and had a wonderful "happy clappy" experience which lasted for more than 2.5 hours.
I will go back to Vila one day because there is still so much to see and do. And i will be happy to book into paradise Cove.
I travelled with a friend, but would feel perfectly safe going on my own.
Hello to Belinda and Andrew and please pass on my thanks to Ben and every one else.
And of course, a big sloppy kiss for Pierra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This private and intimate small resort is located 15 minutes from downtown Port Vila. It offers 10 self contained One and Two Bedroom villas in a well established tropical garden by the ocean. The beautiful reef offers great snorkeling and diving opportunities with an easy access from the private beach and jetty. Under an iconic traditional roof celebrating the Melanesian architecture, the restaurant serves the best fresh local ingredients prepared with a Mediterranean touch. With a relaxed atmosphere Paradise Cove Resort provides a genuine tropical island holiday. Please note that the access by boat to our private jetty is strictly limited. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Cove Hotel Port Vila
- Paradise Cove Port Vila
- Paradise Cove Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila