We have just returned from 2 weeks at Paradise Cove Resort. Having holidayed in Vanuatu many times, we finally found our perfect piece of paradise at Paradise Cove. From the time we were greeted (at 2.30 am) with a big smile, by security guard Naulita, to the time we waved goodbye to Benjamin and Jerony, hosts Constance and Marc and their wonderful staff made us feel welcome, relaxed and free to enjoy all that the resort has to offer.
All the bungalows are located in a spacious garden setting. They are well appointed, very comfortable and offer nice privacy. The kitchen/dining area is quite adequate and the lounge area ideal for an afternoon nap. The outside covered area with lounges and a hammock is great for relaxing after a long walk to Pango village. Bed is comfortable, plenty of hot water and no TV, Radio or Phone – A REAL PLUS. Our bungalow was perfectly serviced every day with fresh fruit and flowers by our lady (Toumal) with her ever smiling face - nothing was too much trouble for her. We were in a one bedroom bungalow, Number 3 which is nearest the water and the Nakamal which gave us a little more of a breeze than the ones further back in the gardens.
The huge Nakamal is the focal point of the resort. With its restaurant, bar and lounge area it is the perfect meeting place at any time of day. At 5 o’clock each night, the drum sounds for Happy Hour when you can join Constance and Marc to socialize with other guests, or take your drink down to the beach to watch the sun go down or see the cruise ship leave the harbor. Benjamin, Johnny and the girls are great at mixing cocktails (even added Harvey Wallbanger to the cocktail list). Free Wifi in the Nakamal is a plus for those who want to keep in touch with the outside world.
Meals are served in the Nakamal, as well as a smaller dining area down by the beach. Great breakfasts of fresh fruit, cereal, toast, croissants, lime juice and coffee. A good choice on the menu for lunch and dinner with specials every night and Chef is always happy to please and prepare something a bit special. The Santo beef and lobster are to die for. Dining in the Nakamal was always a happy time with the presence of Edna, Kathleen, Jane, Wendy, Benjamin, Jerony and Johnny who were always eager to swop stories about theirs and our lifestyle.
The beach is great with nice sand and although small, has plenty of shade and sunlounges to relax on. The water is calm because the resort is on the sheltered side of the peninsula. For those who want a bit of exercise, the resort is not far away from Honeymoon Beach and Pango village. Honeymoon Beach is about a half hour walk. A nice beach on the windy side of the peninsula, which belongs to Pango so you may be asked to pay a small fee to go there. We also did the walk back through Pango village from there which takes just over an hour. This way we got to see and talk to some of the villagers.
All in all, our stay at Paradise Cove was the best Vanuatu holiday we have had. If you’re into large resorts with lots of people, noise, TV etc. don’t go to Paradise Cove. If you want a quiet, relaxing Melanesian style holiday at a small friendly resort, where you’re treated like one of the family, then we'd highly recommend Paradise Cove to you.
Thanks Constance and Marc and all your staff, we’ll see you back next year
Jim & Evelyn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This private and intimate small boutique resort is located 15 minutes from downtown Port Vila. It offers 10 self contained One and Two Bedroom villas in a well established tropical garden by the ocean. The beautiful reef offers great snorkeling and diving opportunities with an easy access from the private beach and jetty. Under an iconic traditional roof celebrating the Melanesian architecture, the restaurant serves the best fresh local ingredients prepared with a Mediterranean touch. With a relaxed atmosphere Paradise Cove Resort provides a genuine tropical island holiday. Please note that the access by boat to our private jetty is strictly limited. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Paradise Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Cove Hotel Port Vila
- Paradise Cove Port Vila
- Paradise Cove Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila