“Flawless!!!”

Paradise Cove Resort
Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Reviewed 27 August 2014

In all the places I've stayed around the world, there are few that I would unreservedly recommend. This place deserves accolades. Constance went out of her way to accommodate some special needs, and we only wished we'd stayed longer. We didn't realise it when we booked, but the restaurant was #1 rated in Port Vila, and deservedly so.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WarwickBlake
There are newer reviews for Paradise Cove Resort

Reviewed 25 August 2014

What a lovely place to have a holiday, only about 15 to 20 minutes out of Port Vila. It was indeed a little piece of paradise set in beautiful grounds, the staff treated us as if we had known them for years even though it was our first visit but it won't be our last. Thank you Benjamin,Jane, Jerony, Lin and especially my little new best friend Edna. Our hosts Constance and Marc were wonderful great people and we had a lot of laughs.

Maree & Bill Manson

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maree462
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Returning to Vanuatu after 35 years, I expected a lot of change, and if I had stayed in Port Vila that would have been true. However, my daughter stayed here in 2009 and was happy to recommend it.
From my arrival and greeting and briefing by Jerony to the farewells from Constance and Marc, Paradise Cove was everything I could wish for. Whether it was being looked after by Benjamin, Edna, Jane, Jerony or Lin, or being greeted by any of the gardeners or housemaids, the friendly, warm atmosphere was a million miles from anything in Australia or Europe! Then of course, there's the location, far enough out of town to be a hideaway, but only 15 minutes by bus or taxi to be close. The grounds, the beach, the coral, the ocean, all at hand and so inviting. Finally, there's the food, the best in Port Vila and I found it all exceptional. I can recommend the Wahoo, the Poulet, the veal, the beef all well cooked and presented.
Definitely be coming back for more!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PeterJHorler
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Loved it and since coming home, we haven't stopped telling everyone about it! Lovely, quiet, peaceful location with beautiful landscaping. "Nakamal" is a wonderful eye-catching feature of authentic architecture and a great friendly meeting place to hang out. With 10 bungalows, everyone gets to know each other well. Staff are fantastic, the gardener showed our boys, aged 10 and 11, how to climb coconut palms, the cook stunned them with his "fooseball" skills, and the restaurant staff felt like family by the time we left. The food was delicious and a tribute to the chef's skills with fresh, local produce. Snorkelling was great, plenty of varied, colourful fish, clams, sea snakes and we were lucky enough to spot an octopus. Kayaking was also a hit with nice coastline to explore. Did a few trips but they only reinforced for us that we were staying on the best place around and it was always a delight to come "home" again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RussyG
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We spent 3 nights here at the beginnig of our holiday in Vanuatu & 3 nights at the end.Travelling with my brother & his wife, we all voted this as the perfect place to stay in Efate. Set in beautiful grounds, with Constance & Marc the perfect hosts, & a great staff including Benjamin, Jerony & Edna.
We have stayed in several Hotels & Resorts in Port Vila, none of which measure up to Paradise Cove. Snorkelling & kayaking is great, as the prevailing south east wind is directly offshore. The rooms are large & the bed comfortable.We were advised the small bathrooms are to be enlarged & refurbished when the resort is closed in the off season.
We were going to try some of the good restaurants in Vila where we have been before, but the food here is outstanding! The specials we had every night were so good we decided not to go out.(I have written a separate review for the restaurant
The 15 minute bus trip in & out of town is easy & cheap ( 2 or 3 dollars) It also gives you a chance to chat to locals, who are always happy & friendly.
We will be back next year.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hannah-dee
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Ok location is secluded away from the town for your peace of paradise and while writing this realised it was a blessing when all my life connivence has been at my door step. So the adventure was majestic. As I went out every day and I really must say of all holidays this place always holds an important moment, it's a place to relax and as a man on adventure and at the last moment broken up with my wife to be. At first it felt like the last place I would want to be, but the people the atmosphere and service and food lifted my spirit gave me a new sense of life and forever grateful that I got to experience paradise cove. It's a romantic couples paradise but an adventurous mans retreat.
Food and cocktails to die for and if you want to have a great holiday let them help you organise an itinerary. Not trying to rip you off just want to see you get the best of Vanuatu and have great time. Tana volcano is my highlight of my trip a live erupting volcano every 30 mins and make sure you bring a good camera.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jc5445
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Spent 10 days here early July.
Where do I begin - snorkelling straight off the jetty is great - far superior to Fiji, lots of varieties of fish!. We were a mixed group -myself wife and 2 kids, sister and brother in law and Grandma, and all enjoyed our time there. Food was great, loved having breakfast and dinner under the giant pavilion, which overlooked the bay -so relaxing. The staff were so polite and friendly- a big plus!. , and were great at organizing day trips, transport etc - made it so much easier for the planning. Marc and Constance were great - circulating at breakkie time or happy hour at 5pm - nothing was a problem, very helpful and informative, and unobtrusive- great hosts!

Room Tip: only 10 bungalows, plenty of space between these, no particular preference, as its only a short walk...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family