“WATER WUNDERLAND”
Review of Benjor Beach Club

Benjor Beach Club
Ranked #29 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We had a cool time at this cute little resort. Our villa looked straight out on the ocean, snorkelling was truly amazing - only had to go out about 20 mtrs to get to really good live coral and loads of fish. Beats going on a boat for three hours to get to the Great Barrier... Our room lovely and spacious with good basic amenities of fridge, tea and coffee and private bathroom. Good breezes and screens were welcome and we certainly were not to hot but that is probably as this time of the year is a littel cooler anyway. Had lovely food and service in the restaurant which looks over Mele Bay and really is very pretty. Go the lobster!!! Good buzzy atmosphere and special thanks to the staff that made the exprience way better than a 3.5 star.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cath b

Reviewed 2 June 2013

In Sept 2012 myself and my now husband went on a cruise over to Port Vila Vanuatu to be married. I had been liaising with Sally VIA emails in organizing the details of our special day.
At first I was a bit concerned about trusting another person in another country to organize the big day I thought was a bit of a risk-I assure you this was not the case! Sally was so helpful in our every request. Very prompt in her replies and simplified the whole process.
Long story short, we docked at Port Vila. The transfers collected us and took us to the beautiful Benjor Resort. Greeted with a warm welcome, I was whisked away for hair & make-up(Hair Dresser was organized through Benjor and I was so happy with the outcome- I felt a million dollars!) whilst my family were looked after waiting for the ceremony to begin.
Bruce was nice enough to film the ceremony for us. After walking down the Isle and marrying my best friend we took some photos on the picturesque beach/waterfalls/gardens at the resort. We had an amazing wedding lunch-Delish!
Then the resort had organized for us to be taken to the nearby famous Cascade Falls for more photo opportunities.This was such an amazing back-drop for wedding photo's!
Whilst having our dream come true this wedding package was very affordable. We couldn't have asked for a better day. Thanks so much to Sally & Bruce and their friendly helpful team at Benjor Resort! You certainly went above & beyond with sincere kindness!
Peta & Rhett Ashton :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We arrived after a long day to find Sally sitting us down to tell us that she had given our room away to a wedding party. We had been put up in bungalow accommodation down the road not a resort. We did however get a free ride down to our new accommodation and a return trip for dinner at the restaurant. Our continental breakfast for four people was some fruit a loaf of bread and a box of cereal and some milk. We were picked up for dinner then waited 2 hrs for entree to arrive after ordering. Meals other than cold oyster mornays were ok but service ridiculously slow and very expensive. After the free ride back to our makeshift accommodation we were completely forgotten about. Breakfast not replenished (3 night stay) but we did finally get some contact from Sally on our last day to make sure we settled our food bill. We did receive some deductions but only due the parts of our package deal not met. We certainly will take this up with flight centre. It would have made it tolerable if some effort was made to at least get close to what we were entitled to. Good luck with this mob

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Newie44
Reviewed 25 May 2013

well what can i say ...Amazing totally amazing !!!!...To the managers Sally and Bruce thank you thank you so much you couldnt do enough for my husband and I and for our son...
To the staff you became family to us and our guests we will never forget you especially ME.
We arrived a couple of days before our friends and family arrived and from day one my husband felt like we were treated like royalty. The service is immpecable nothing is a problem for the staff or managers. Yes they might not get to you straight away as i saw other reviews but for us hey we slipped into island time not a problem. It reminded me that in our own countries we run around like headless chickens and snapping our fingers expecting everything to be there when you ask for it. Benjor showed me how to relax have fun and chill and that i did.
Our wedding well we and our guests are still ecstatic over the whole day. WOW WOW WOW my family and friends are still talking about the wedding and how marvellous it all went. For me i will never forget just beautiful words cannot express the awe of our special day. The staff and Sally and Bruce you made my day so relaxing and professional at the same time our food was superb lol my guests were still talking about it wishing they could get the recipes (aussies and kiwis love their food lol). Our night turned into a raging great time and to the band Crowning Moments you guys rock!! (totally recommend them if you have big group for any occassion. Our friends said they will never forget our wedding and will never forget Benjor and the staff.
The day we were leaving my son cracked a hissy he didnt want to leave he knew all the staff he was ready to go home with Nolene (staff) lol that saying alot. Yes we were sad to go none of us wanted to leave :(.
Food is beautiful we averaged same prices as australia but it didnt worry us we were on holiday and wedding mode service is great we were happy with our room everything was just fab fab fab. I think people think vanuatu will be cheap like Bali or Thailand and it is not. Every country is different I totally loved Vanuatu and i totally love Benjor and i know that my husband and i will definitely go back there and we will stay back at Benjor. We love that it is out of town i loved the bumpy dirt road gives it character lol. One of my family members went and stayed on another resort closer to town by the way they planned this they wanted to experience both sides. Yes they stayed in a 5 star resort and my cousin said the staff are nowhere as friendly as Benjor resort and their resort didnt quite have the relax feeling as Benjor did as well.
Also we did take our son life jacket best thing we did he lived in the pool everyday and yes it s not fenced but that didnt worry us one bit just means parents have to watch their kids which is what you should be doing anyway dont matter what country you are in.
So yeah love love love this place i cant wait to go back and to everybody at Benjor we love you all and miss you my family and friends will never forget you !!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed here for 7 days last month and throughly enjoyed every moment. We were part of a group over to celebrate friends weddings at the Resort. Our Room was huge, comfortably furnished and had a great deck with brilliant sea views. The weather was fabulous and there is a good ocean breeze which kept us at a nice even temperature - not far from the pool anyway so we could cool off pretty much any time. The staff are lovey, the management couple were very helpful and we did an amazing kayak tour right off the beach there as well as loads of snorkelling. The food was lovely - fresh and local - great lobster and the local steak deserves its great reputation. The grounds are huge - you really don't see very many other guests which is great as you feel very private. Not too far from town (road was a bit bumpy but not very long until you are on bitumen again so not a big problem). Can also recommend their impossibly hard miniputt for some serious competition!! Take a cold tusker with you when playing....

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Vanuatu is a beutiful place to visit and the locals are just wonderful, if you are planning on visiting take some pencils, books or toys for the local children it will be well appriciated. However Benjor is not a place I would recomend to stay. Our welcome was wonderful and the lovely tropical juice a very nice touch, thats about where the welcome stopped. although Sally told us to let her know if we needed anything.!!!! Rooms were to be serviced every 3 days so we got everything ready and came back late from a tour to our wet towels on the floor, we ask for new towels which were given to us to bring back our self but still no cleaning of the house until the day before we left(Day 5). We were given some beach towels for the pool when we asked but not enough to go around however this did not stop Sally for telling other guest that we had taken all the towels so there was none for any other guest(very unproffesional). Requested an outside bin as we had babies this was finally arranged late on the second day after another request was made. BBq pack was ordered by someone from our party not from our house and booked to our house, no checking with the people staying in the house if they wanted to pay for a bbq pack just wacked onto their bill, not the person who ordered it. Same with cocktails I was charged for cocktails that came from people who were staying in other rooms and ordered on our bill I would not have minded a cocktail however since I did not drink one I do not feel I should have had to pay for it, but pay for it I did. Told them that we would pay for drinks at the wedding 16 people. 2 non drinkers, 8 very light drinkers and the rest moderate drinkers. I figured that they would serve house wine but obviously not as the bill seemed very expensive. When I ask for an itemised list I was shown a few scraps of paper which really did not tell me anything except for the price they were charging us. An old scratched casserole dish was broken as it fell out of the fridge I appologised and was told that It would cost me an extra $30 dollars. upon asking if the small casserole dish was worth this much I was told things were expensive in vanuatu but they dropped the price to $20, so do not have any accidents at Benjor as they are there to make money. Lights along the path didnt work and as we were a long way from the resturant it made it quite unsafe, once again we were told they would bring us a torch but no torch arrived however they did make an attemt to fix the lights and by the time we were ready to leave they were back to working again. I would recommend having a wedding there, the setting and effort from the staff was fantastic, just make sure they do an itemised account for drinks that you sign for what you get. the gardens are also beautiful, maybe take your own iron though it took us 3 request to get an iron as they told us they only have one for the whole resort. All in all we had a wonderful time the native staff are wonderful and work very hard. Our bus driver we just adored and even the dreadful road in and out held some appeal. It is a shame that the service was not as good as it could have been although for the wedding it was great and they made the bride and groom feel special However, if you are just staying as a guest you are not made feel quite so welcome. In all fairness to the managment they have only been there a few months so I am sure once they settle in things will improve.

Room Tip: Shop around there are resorts which offer better service closer to town