Me, my two sisters and our partners were upgraded to the 5 bedroom Villa at Benjor. The resort has a lot of potential, it is situated on a beautiful beach front but unfortunately the service and amenities are not well kept up to date. My parents stayed in the private villa but I will let them make their own review. In the 5 bedroom villa we had the following issues; 2 (one in the dining area) of the fans were broken, moving only at a very slow speed and making the house was very hot in these areas; the TV broke during our stay and was fixed 3 days after the complaint was made; their was no hot water the vast majority of the time in the en suite and only a couple of minutes in the main room and the water was either boiling hot or cold; the oven was dangerous, one of the knobs was broken and the trays inside sat angled so they would slide towards you when you open the door (this is just downright dangerous and should have been fixed even though we had a free upgrade); there was hardly any cooking equipment (we tried to make Nachos one night and it took forever as we had to improvise); the washing machine was broken and; there were holders for smoke detectors but no smoke detectors.
In addition the pool needed a very good clean by the 7th day we were there.
Although we got a free upgrade to this villa I would expected that most of these things would be working in the house especially things regarding safety seeing you can pay to stay in this house. On the surface the house looked lovely and inviting but I think the owners and managers need to take a closer look at their facilities. I understand that we went over christmas/new years and it may have been hard to get someone to fix stuff, but it all should have been done before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely boutique 3.5 star resort located 15 mins from Port Vila and 10 minutes from the International Airport, on 23 acres of absolute oceanfront, all Villas with ocean views, fabulous restaurant and wedding chapel, simply delightful. Attractions within 5 mins from Benjor include kayaking and snorkelling tours, diving, horseriding, zorbing, Firedancing, Jungle Zipline, International Golf Course, Botanical Gardens and the world famous Cascades Waterfalls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Benjor Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Benjor Beach Club Hotel Port Vila
- Benjor Beach Hotel
- Benjor Beach Resort
- Benjor Beach Club Vanuatu/Port Vila