What it lacks in frills, it surely makes up by being right next to the sea. I slept and woke up to the sound of the waves. I don't think any other budget hostel in Port Villa can boast of that.(I am not talking about the resorts of course!) For $16 per night, I thought it was value for money, considering how expensive everything in Port Villa is.
And the ferry to Erakor resort is a ten minute walk away.Trip to the island requires a 1000 Vatu voucher, but you can spend it at the resort spa,cafe or to hire snorkeling gear.
Lee, the owner was very helpful.Even woke up at 6 A.M to check me in and let me check out at 12:30. The bus is just a three minute walk away and the buses will take you around town and to the airport for 150 vatu. However, the path does get really dark at night. I recommend taking a torch with you.
Don't expect anything fancy. But great value for money and I met some wonderful people there.Would stay there again if I went back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Blue Pango Motel. Located in Port Vila, 5 minutes from the City centre, but far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet of Vanuatu. Sat in a tranquil location overlooking the ocean with beach access, We have five triple private rooms, four double private rooms,and two 5 bunk-bed shared dormitories. All rooms have their own kitchen with refrigerator/freezer, gas stove and sink. There are also extra communal cooking facilities complete with cooking utensils provided. All private rooms have their own ensuite with hot shower and flush toilet. The dormitories have a shared shower/toilet. All rooms have fans and windows are protected with mosquito screens and have shutter style wooden vents to let the cool breeze in. There is a cool North Easterly breeze most of the year. Free wifi available. Secluded terrace with outdoor seating. Due to Cyclone Pam our swimming pool is non-operational but will be available from December 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Blue Pango Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Pango Hotel Port Vila
- Blue Pango Motel Vanuatu/Port Vila