Myself and my girlfriend stayed at Blue Pango for 3 nights in one of their double self contained rooms and thought it was a nice little place.
We arrived at the airport and opted for the easiest option of a taxi which cost 3000V but we were told that you could maybe catch a local bus there for a third of the price or less even. The place itself was easily found on this occasion but with other bus drivers we had over the next few days it was a bit more difficult so it would be advisable to know the address or carry it with you.
The accommodation was nice and comfortable and the fans in the room were effective for keeping you cool of a night. The cooking facilities are also pretty good, you get a double hob top and they have a room full of utensils and cooking equipment for you to use.
There is a swimming pool on site which is handy considering you'd maybe have to walk out quite far to swim in the sea as its quite rocky and there's plenty of grassy area to laze in to make up for the lack of beach.
To get to town from Blue Pango is only 150V per person even though the drivers will most likely try charge you more if you don't know this price already. Alternatively you could walk, we did it the one day and it only took us 30mins max.
If your not too bothered about being out of town and are looking for somewhere cheap then this will do the job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Blue Pango Motel. Located in Port Vila, 5 minutes from the City centre, but far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet of Vanuatu. Sat in a tranquil location overlooking the ocean with beach access, We have five triple private rooms, four double private rooms,and two 5 bunk-bed shared dormitories. All rooms have their own kitchen with refrigerator/freezer, gas stove and sink. There are also extra communal cooking facilities complete with cooking utensils provided. All private rooms have their own ensuite with hot shower and flush toilet. The dormitories have a shared shower/toilet. All rooms have fans and windows are protected with mosquito screens and have shutter style wooden vents to let the cool breeze in. There is a cool North Easterly breeze most of the year. Free wifi available. Secluded terrace with outdoor seating. Due to Cyclone Pam our swimming pool is non-operational but will be available from December 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Blue Pango Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Pango Hotel Port Vila
- Blue Pango Motel Vanuatu/Port Vila