See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 January 2016

The owner "forgot' to arrange transfers for us. Despite email confirmation, he forgot, never apologised, feedback we were given was he forgot as he was busy arranging his own holiday to Aus at the time. Luckily we had been to Vanuatu before but if it was somebdy else, they would have been stranded at a foreign airport with no idea what to do or where to go. A very poor show indeed. Air conditioner didnt work, extractor fan in bathroom was like a jet engine going off, no headboard so when you sat up at night and leaned on the wall, the wall stayed where it was and the bed moved forward! Pillows were horrible. No GF breakfast provided despite me asking for this. Just a simple GF cereal would have been nice. We were were there for two days, breakfast (for my husband ie. two slices of bread and jam) was only provided for the first morning. Stocks were not replenished for day 2. I realise this is budget accommodation but it was just absolutely awful.

Room Tip: Our room was awful....surely all others must be too. Rather stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lydia C
QuestPortVila, Owner at Quest Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016

Hi Lydia and thank you for your review. In response to your comments I would like to clarify a few errors:

You arrived the day after myself and my family all flew out to Australia for 12 days holiday.
Our ni-vanuatu staff are very kind and helpful, but English is their second language.
They are also quite sensitive and do not respond well to being yelled at, fortunately we have experienced few of these, maybe 1 in a 100.

Originally you did email me and asked for transfers from Airport to Quest, which was organised and an email with instructions was sent to you prior to your arrival.
Unfortunately you did not go to the Atmosphere Tour desk counter at the airport as advised.
You also did not print and bring a copy of your reservation which had our phone number for you to phone for assistance.
You commented about the air conditioner. This does work well, unfortunately you played with the settings and turned off chill mode and onto fan only. You did not ask our staff for assistance.

The bed is on wheels for cleaning purposes and may move. There are stoppers under the wheels at the end of the bed. Thank you for your comment, I will ensure stoppers are placed at the top now to prevent any movement.
We do not supply Gluten Free breakfasts as most food intolerant guests buy their own special foods if required.
We provide a simple but adequate breakfast of cereals, milk, bread, butter, jam, fruit juice, tea and coffee. The units have self catering facilities if guests want to cook for themselves.
The provisions were not replenished as we actually gave you 4 days worth of supplies.
This is our standard long stay (more than one night) provisions. Your stay was 2 days.

We try to cater for all types of traveller, providing low cost budget series apartments to more expensive premier apartments. Our rooms vary in price from $75pn to $200pn and I'm sorry the budget studio room that you booked did not live up to your expectations.

many thanks
Allan and Maggie

Reviewed 13 December 2015

When I think of Quest I think of that famous Tina Turner song - "Simply the best!". I stayed at Quest in 2015 and it was: great value for money (very important for this traveller); great facilities; close to town; very clean and safe; and most importantly, the Quest team were helpful friendly and fun. I loved happy hour and that view - can't get any better, Do youself a favour, when next in Vanuatu, stay at a Quest and in addition to a great place support the local economy - the owners live in Vanuatu and employ locals! I will be returning in February and can't wait.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

After staying at Quest apts for 3 weeks, we couldn't imagine how there could be any bad reviews!! We enjoyed our stay so much, we will definitely stay at Quest again if we ever get the opportunity to return to Vanuatu!! First, the little touch of fresh flowers displayed all through the apartment at arrival was so welcoming and a reflection of the love and care of Allan and Maggie's hearts! Our 1 bedroom was so bright and CLEAN with the cutest little kitchen which has everything you need and if not, just ask Allan or Maggie or Jacinta who is also ready to assist in any way!!! We prepared almost every meal there, as we are missionaries and are very careful with our finances! Every morning my husband and I would look forward to having our coffee out on our veranda which was my personal favorite, with our own little yard surrounded by beautiful flowers, overlooking the golf course and lagoon and...Oh, how we enjoyed those fantastic trade winds!! We would choose that any day over a standard hotel room no matter how nice!! We loved the location because it was so peaceful and quiet, away from all the hustle and bustle, yet just a short (150 vat) bus ride to town. It was also nice visiting with everyone at the "gathering time" that Allan and Maggie host each night down by the pool. On wed nights they have a specialty food night...Allan gets to practice some of his recipes!! My husband really enjoyed the "spicy prawn" night...too much to eat but delicious! If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this may not be for you but if you're looking for a clean, friendly, safe home away from home, this is it!
Thank you Allan, Maggie, Daniel, Jacinta, Emily and everyone there for making our visit so relaxing, enjoyable and safe!! Ps...Rick said, "thank you Daniel for helping with the Cross!" Blessings!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

We stayed in the very comfortable 2 bedroom premier apartment with lagoon views. It had everything we needed for being self contained. Breakfast supplies were provided and the room was cleaned daily.

The hosts, Alan and Maggie, were very friendly and we felt right at home with them. They gave us local information and tips for an enjoyable experience. Their son Daniel is a delight.

The property is very safe and comfortable and they can provide car hire at a much reduced rate.

I definitely recommend the Quest for your next stay in Port Vila.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2015

My partner and I stayed in a Premier Studio Apartment at Quest Apartments for our first stop in Vanuatu for 4 nights. The apartment was clean and had all the facilities we needed. We were also supplied with Cornflakes, bread, jam, butter, milk, juice, coffee satchets and tea bags. Would be perfect for a long stay as well, especially if you were planning on doing some cooking - there's a stovetop, microwave, kettle & toaster.

There is included WiFi - 100mb limit per apartment per day and it requires you to sign in every 30 minutes, so it's a good reminder to get off your device & go exploring!

Only a 15 minute walk into town (or an hour & a half if you walk the wrong way, but that was a nice adventure on our first day anyway!) so near enough to restaurants & shops but far enough away to be peaceful & tranquil. A bus trip into town is 150vt pp.

Allan and Maggie were lovely and had some great tips. There's the opportunity to join "happy hour" between 5-6pm daily and hang out with them & their son Daniel for a drink and a chat. Was great to finally make it on our last night.

Overall, we were very happy with our choice to stay here - great value for money and would definitely recommend! Hopefully we will get back to Port Villa one day and be able to stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 2 (premier studio apartment) has a great view from the courtyard out to the nearby lagoon.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple