The Melanesian Port Vila(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$108
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sunset Bungalows Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$105
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

Nasama Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$126
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$69
  • Pool
Chantilly's on the Bay(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$162
Mangoes Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$107
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$211
US$204
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$301/night.

CoCo Beach Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$101
Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$172
HolidayInn.com
Iririki Island Resort & Spa(Port Vila)
US$268
US$256
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$286/night.

All reviewsiririki islandpanorama suitecentral locationsmall casinopool areathird floorbuffet breakfastclose to townbalconyvilapokiesvanuatuportfoyersylvieferrytours
Reviewed 3 August 2017

ALL the staff are professional, friendly and helpful. Our room had an amazing view with a lovely balcony to sit and watch the world go by.... The room was clean with a comfortable bed, but the decor is a little dated - a refreshing renovation is due! The only downside we had with the room, was that it took a while for the hot water to come through? (wasting water).
The location of the hotel is perfect - walking distance to markets, cafes and shopping. Next to the hotel is the dock for the ferry to Iririki Island - where you can snorkel etc for the day. There are also lots of mini buses and taxis passing regularly if you want to travel further.

Room Tip: All rooms will have a view - level 5 panoramic room was very comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
BMahieu, General Manager at Grand Hotel And Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear digirolz,
Your review is greatly appreciated and yes, we all agree, 'watching the world go by' on the balcony is a great pastime.
We shall share your comments with our team members of their service and friendliness, thank you.
The location is indeed a great benefit and pleased to hear that you also thought so.
Many thanks and hope to welcome you back again for a 'quick getaway'.
with regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 days so got to know the place quite well. The view! Every room has one across the water and out to the pool area. Great balcony for sitting and relaxing. No downside here! The staff! Reception, security and cleaning staff were all very friendly and helpful consistently. Restaurant staff, could be a little hit and mss in the morning, but generally nothing to complain about. The room! OK, they are getting a little tired, but they were always clean, plenty of room and you can't go past the view! Location so handy for walking to market, supermarket and town. Looking forward to coming back again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank chchgecko
Reviewed 22 July 2017

The location of this hotel is the best in town, I think. In fact it is in the very city center and one can walk to most of the best restaurants and shops or go there with a very short bus (take a local bus, it is so sweet, people like to chat and they laugh big time) or taxi (attention to scams) ride. Also, this hotel has a great wifi connection and it is free. Apparently this is pretty rare in Port Vila. Of course if you are the resort lover type, this is not for you. However this hotel has quite a few problems in my view. First, the ceilings in the lobby and restaurant are old and their colour changed from white to dirty yellow, not a nice look. Furniture in the lobby is quite tacky, old and some also broken as shown in the pics. The semi transparent stickers to the restaurant windows have partially lost their glue and are detaching from the glass and looking quite shabby but not chic! The rooms have a great position facing the lagoon, however they are a bit shabby, with maintenance of poor quality. My bed was made up very quickly and the pillows not even shaken, giving a bed impression. What struck me the moment I entered in the room was the smell of unfiltered air conditioning. Like a room that have been closed for yonks but in reality with the air conditioning running full speed. I read that they have changed the air conditioning very recently, but I wonder if the filters have been changed too. Also I have seen big cockroaches in the common areas, not a nice view while the carpeting would do with a nice renovation. The breakfast was good and full of choice, they make scrambled eggs or omelettes on the spot, nothing to complain about that. They have a Casino for those who like it. I must say that the Casino didn't bother me at all, although the entrance is from the main lobby. Would I go back? Yes because of the location and because of the wifi, but hoping that the management will address the issues described.

Room Tip: top floor rooms have a great view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
BMahieu, General Manager at Grand Hotel And Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear corrado,
Thank you for your time to review the Hotel upon your recent visit to Port Vila.
We are pleased to hear that the unique location of the property was of a benefit.
The points that you have highlighted have been noted and where possible will be addressed.
The air conditioning at this stage has only been completed in the function rooms and we will commence with the new system in all guest rooms this week.
Many thanks and regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I stayed on a working trip therefore some of my comments may not be useful for those on a holiday.

Some things you need to know.

If you have a car, parking is a problem particularly since the neighbouring block of land has been fenced off. And during the day parking is very hard to find in the immediate vicinity.

The hot water was a problem until I learnt the trick. Run the hot water full on in the bath until the water becomes hot. It could take up to 10 minutes.

In my room, the water from the shower would run out under the shower door and then out under the bathroom door. The solution is to place the bathmat outside the bathroom door.

Finally, the desk has small surface area and it is high meaning that using a computer is very uncomfortable after a short time, even with a couple of pillows on the chair to raise one’s seated height.

Other than the above, it is a very comfortable hotel most conveniently located in the centre of Port Vila. Staff were friendly and generally efficient and the service from the reception staff was very good. I particularly appreciated the call on the day before I was leaving to see whether or not I needed a transfer to the airport the next day.

The room had very good lighting and was well appointed. All rooms have a sea view. A hair dryer, iron, ironing board and safe are provided. The free room wifi is excellent. A range of different blankets is provided for the bed. I liked the pillows.

Meals in the restaurant I thought were on the expensive side but then restaurant meals in Port Vila are expensive.

Breakfast was included in my room rate and the buffet breakfast had plenty of choice. I liked being able to have yogurt and fresh fruit. I thought the fried rice was stodgy on the days I tried it and I wouldn’t recommend it. A cook will prepare eggs for you though on several occasions I had to wait for the cook to appear.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Yuugi,
Thank you for your review during your recent stay with us. We shall take on board the areas of where improvement are required. However pleased to know that the location, room comforts and staff where a highlight.
We do hope we can welcome you back when next visiting Port Vila.
with thanks and regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2017

I stayed for only one night. The third floor is under renovations, they are changing the air conditioning.
The noise was pretty loud first thing in the morning.
Also there was no hot water for my shower, I reported it and was me with a very friendly, sorry...
The breakfast wasn't the best either, seems that they need a bit of a shake up.
On the plus side the hotel is centrally located and the casino is good.

Stayed: July 2017