The Melanesian Port Vila(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$108
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Chantilly's on the Bay(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$165
Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$193
Nasama Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$126
Hotels.com
CoCo Beach Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$103
Mangoes Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$108
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

Sunset Bungalows Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$105
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
US$70
US$211
US$204
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$301/night.

Iririki Island Resort & Spa(Port Vila)
US$269
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewsiririki islandpanorama suitecentral locationsmall casinopool areathird floorbuffet breakfastclose to townbalconyvilapokiesvanuatuportfoyersylvieferrytours
Reviewed 4 November 2010

A hotel I would definitely recommend for people who are more comfortable in a Western style hotel. The room we stayed in looked modern and was well lit with a great view and was comfortable. The staff were very friendly though a bit below expectations with English understanding. The only things I can criticize is in the bathroom there was quite a lot of rust on some of the fixtures and had an issue with room service for dinner one night that took a lot longer than it should have to fix up. Other than that an excellent hotel with a great location.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Had a great week at the Grand Hotel.I think the best position in Port Vila The views are amazing and the beds sooo comfortable had the best nights sleep. Breakfast was great. Staff are all really friendly and helpful. The ferry to Irririki was great. We had so much to do...visited the produce markets most days.So interesting .We had so many bars and pools to chose from at the grand and Irririki it was to hard to decide so tried them all! I miss happy hour!!! Plenty of restaurants near in town. Vanuatu beef is the best I've eaten. Always felt safe walking around town day or night which was great. I found Vanuatu such an interesting and beautiful country -in one view from our balcony you're looking at the picturesque view of overwater bungalows on Irririki and if you turn to the right the view is such a contrast of the public wharf where boats come and go all day...produce is unloaded from the outlying villages, squealing pigs, goats etc I could have sat and watched for hours... but ran out of time ...oh well I'll have to go back :) Our whole group of 11 were happy with our choice of the Grand...I must mention there is still a lot of repairwork going on from the recent earthquake.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mareeNewcastle
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I had a fantastic time at the Grand. So conveniently located within walking distance of the town. The fact that you have access to all the amenities in Iririki Island is a big plus. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was the lack of children. (we are past that now). The meals were fantastic and the service good – island time of course. The views are fantastic from anywhere in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsGVS1
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I and my partner stayed at Grand for 6 nights in October 2010. It was our first visit to Vanuatu and I booked hotel through wotif.com. It was a good vale. We only paid A$150 per night. Airport transfer and breakfast were not part of our package. It is cheaper to get them separately.
When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff at reception. We were served a welcome drink (sweet fruit juice) as well. Lobby was not terribly big but it had a few sofas and also had a bar so we could order drinks and snacks.
Everything was well prepared and we were directed to our room. As I have requested, they offered us a room on a higher level with a nice view of Iririki island resort, Grand Hotel's sister resort. Room was not big but it was well maintained and clean. It has a small balcony and view was spectacular. It was over looking Port Vila harbor and Iririki island. Bathroom had a big window so we could enjoy the view of beautiful Port Vila harbor while having a bath. There was a blind for privacy as well.
Bed was comfortable and big. Room had a safe, mini bar, small table, dryer and iron, and there was a small table and two chairs on balcony. We were able to see swimming pool from our balcony. Our room was on level 3. If you were on level 1 you cannot see swimming pool. You better request for a room on at least level 3 if you prefer better view.
As Iririki is a sister resort of Grand Hotel, guests of Grand can visit Iririki for free and use all Iririki facilities. There is a free ferry departing from Grand to Iririki 24 hours. You just need to press a button then ferry will come and pick you up. We snorkel and paddle on kayak at Iririki. You get to see many beautiful fish and coral. There are a few bars and restaurants around the island and they offer drinks and snacks. We did not particularly like food at neither Grand and Iririki so we dined in the town of Port Vila. Food is very personal opinion so you can try if you like.
Room was very well cleaned everyday and fresh towel was supplied everyday. We booked tours at lobby. There is a guy called David. He is very helpful and friendly. He helped us booking tours and other matters. Make sure you check your account time to time to see if you have been over charged. You better record your spending to make sure you are charged correctly. Our account had a few mistakes.
I think we would go back to Grand next time but we would love to try other resort as well when we visit Vanuatu next time.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mapper9209
Reviewed 10 October 2010

I stayed at the Grand Hotel for the first time. I was most impressed with the facilities, restaurants, pool area, location, and view from rooms. Staff were all most attentive, friendly and knowledgeable about the hotel. I had a room on the first floor, I wish it had been higher up, just for the reason of the view from the balcony! For hoilday purposes I imagine it would suit couples more than families with children.
From a business perspective, the internet connection was immediate! I like that! It was expensive, in comparison to some hotels, but when it works so well there are no complaints.
Breakfast was "complimentary" except for eggs. If you want eggs you have to pay for them, 500 Vatu, which I misread as 50 Vatu. So first day I had eggs. But at $5.00 each, not the 50c I thought it said, I did not eat them again. The rest of the breakfast menu is fine an wide assortment of breads, pastries, cereal drinks etc.
For main meals I ate at the hotel three times and all were most impressive. The only thing I would comment on, was the lack of seafood dishes on the menu. But with some excellent restaurants close by it is not a hardship.
The only thing I would advise any traveller to Vanuatu/Pt Vila, is be wary of the "Free Transfer" from airport to hotels. We waited over 40 minutes, crammed into a 10 seater mini bus (There were 12) while the drivers faffed around waiting for someone to put in another vehicle. After the 40 minute wait it was about 8 minutes to the hotel. I could have walked it in that time instead of sitting in a hot bus in the sun. In future I would get a taxi. About $10.00 AUD depending upon current currency variations. If you contact me I will give you the number of the best cab driver in Pt Vila and he will make sure you get great service. (I am not related to him)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business