Alfa Hotel
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$155
US$140
Rose Garden Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$99
Agoda.com
Savoy Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$210
US$200
PARKROYAL Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$152
US$123
Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$81
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$115
US$97
Hotels.com
Sedona Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$138
US$121
Agoda.com
Belmond Governor's Residence(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$300
The Loft Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$191
US$120
  • Room Service
US$41
US$32
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This hotel is ideal if you are looking for just a place to put your things down and rest for the night. The location is central. The rooms are clean and decent. Simple with no amenities. But you pay for what you get. The is also wifi on every floor but I would suggest you get a room closer to the lobby if you want to have good wireless access.

They have buffet breakfast but it isn't great. But for the price you are paying i think most can accept it. The service standards are decent.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the lift lobby
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank ecSoviet
Reviewed 15 August 2012

From the 4 hotels we stayed at in Yangon, this was our best. Nice room, good breakfast with good choice of fruits and extremely friendly staff. Good location for exploring both in the city centre and around the schwedagon pagoda.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mark v v
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This is the 1st time to Yangon with my family (2 kids), Alfa's staffs offered free extra bed for my kids and towels that we didn't request which was a surprise. We booked a room with Shwedagon Pagoda view and It was amazing at night. The spotlights lit up the whole Pagoda which was breathtaking. This hotel location is quite convenient. We can walk to Shwedagon Pagoda and Bogyoke Market (great souvenir market).

The staffs were very friendly and helpful. Every time we went out and the bellman will ask if we need umbrellas or do we need taxi service. They didn't ask us for any tips which I think was great. This gave us more cash to spend on things we like to spend on.

As a three star hotel, the room inside is very tidy and clean. No mosquitoes nor flies.

The only thing I wanted to point out is the water in rooms need a little time to heat up, other than that, there was nothing else we would like to mention.

Room Tip: Must choose Deluxe room with Shwedagon Pagoda view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Twokids111
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Just spent five days at the Alfa. Great value in a city of crazy prices (even in low, rainy season) but the best aspect of the hotel is the staff - professional, courteous and friendly. And nothing is too much trouble for them.

Keith Hodgson

Room Tip: If possible get a high floor Pagoda view room - absolutely stunning at night!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank KeithHodgson
Reviewed 14 July 2012

What what I liked is the fact I could pay on line using my credit card through Agoda.com, right now in Mynamar its rather a pain in the u no what to be hauling all that perfect unadulterated USA cash around.
I was given a room on the 8th floor facing the Pagoda, it was dark when I arrived and the Pagoda was all lit up, quite a magical sight. The room was not a bad size, it was clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice very sweet and helpful. I ate every night at the restaurant in the hotel, the food was great, they stayed open late. I don't drink so I didn't go downstairs in the lounge and when I went by it it was always pretty smoky. People are allowed to smoke everywhere in Yangon so be prepared if your sensitive.
I needed a late check out and it was no problem to extend my room for 4 more hours, i really appriciated that.
Te location was pretty decent, it was about 15 minutes from down town Yangon by foot, you could get a taxi with no problem and be there in no time. The Pagoda is also in walking distance, It being 15 minutes from down town made it guiet and serene. I stayed five nites and would stay there again.

Room Tip: asked to face the Pagoda on an upper floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo