Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Andrew
Seattle, Washington

Great mid-priced hotel in Yangon

Review of Hotel H Valley
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Apr 2020
This is a very pleasant, mid-priced hotel in Yangon, within easy walking distance of the Shwedagon (see note below), which is the greatest attraction in Yangon. I have stayed here twice now and will stay here whenever I come to Yangon. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff are very friendly. The laundry is excellent. The breakfast in the adjoining restaurant is average. I have been very happy staying at H Valley Yangon and hope to return.

The hotel can arrange airport transfers, which I recommend. You will need to contact them in advance. They can also probably arrange or refer you to car and driver transport for sightseeing, which you will need. The hotel is centrally located to many attractions and good restaurants in Yangon, including the Karaweik Palace Barge and the National Museum, but you will need car transport.

The Karaweik Palace Barge has an all-you-can-eat, pan-Asian buffet and dance theater show in the evening that I recommend. The cost is very reasonable. They also serve lunch there. Besides the imposing and amazing gilded throne, the National Musem has an entire floor showcasing the costumes worn by the different ethnic groups in Myanmar. Both are well worth seeing.

As I mentioned, you can walk from this hotel to the north entrance of the Shwedagon in about 15 minutes or less. Ask the front desk how to do this--don't try Google maps, which gets it wrong. Being this close is helpful if you wish to see the Shwedagon early in the morning or late in the evening, when it is less crowded.The Shwedagon is one of the most beautiful monuments in the world.

The hotel is also within walking distance of the Savoy Hotel, one of three famous colonial hotels in Yangon. They have two colonial restaurants with interesting and tasty food.
Date of stay: December 2019
1.8 miles from Hotel H Valley
Hotel Exterior
2.1 miles from Hotel H Valley
Free parking
View more hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 December 2019

The hotel is centrally located in a local vibes neighborhood within a walking distance to the Shwedagon pagoda. You can see the majestic pagoda from the 4th floor. We got upgraded to the deluxe room which was a nice gesture. The room is spacious and clean, bed and pillows were comfy, water pressure was great too. Breakfast has a good selection, the restaurant's staffs were very nice and helpful when I asked for an egg menu for my son every morning (well, all the staffs were very nice and helpful). They have some children books in English published by Myanmar Story Teller, a great gift idea for the little ones.
Overall, my son and I had a great 4 nights stay at H Valley hotel. I'd recommend it for family travel or anyone looking for great accommodations at a reasonable price in Yangon. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again here when I'm back in Yangon next.

Room tip: Stay in room 202 for powerful AC
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 8 November 2019

The hotel has clean and Nice room with wooden floor. I can able to see the Shwedagon Pagoda from my room window.

Walking distance to Shwedagon and not far from most of the tourist area. 30-40min driving away from the Airport and the place is quiet at night.

I took only one breakfast and it is not bad. Not many choices however it is good enough for me to start of the day.

The service is great but unfortunately there was telecom system break down to reception. So we need to go down to reception if we need the assistant.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 2 September 2019 via mobile

Set on a side street, 10 minutes walk from Shwedagon Pagoda. Stayed here 2 nights bed and breakfast. On entering made to feel welcome by friendly smiling staff.
Lobby/Reception area fresh and clean looking.
Room of a good size, again clean. Bed comfortable, pillows nice and soft, linen bright white looking, with a fresh smell.
Bathroom a good size, clean, bath towels not so soft.
Breakfast, was fine to start the day, a small variety of choice.
Staff, very friendly, chatty and helpful, always willing to assist, nothing of any trouble.
A few minutes walk to Shwedagon Pagoda, but a taxi ride to other areas. Reception staff ordered a 'Grab' taxi for me.
Would definitely recommend this hotel and return here myself.
Great value for money

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank mikee148
Reviewed 26 August 2019

We stayed there 3 nights. The price of the hotel is okay. However, there are some issues which made the stay not really confortable:
1. When your room is located to the direction of the lobby you will all night hear the dogs shouting and cars drive by - so you can’t sleep.
2. The staff speaks very bad English - However they are very friendly.
3. The bathroom can start to smell unexpectedly
4. It seems that the staff doesn’t know well about the city and opening hours of corresponding shops like pharmacies or money exchanges.
4. THATS THE WORST: The food which is used for breakfast is kept in the fridge and re-used again for the next day. This is especially f*cking dangerous with milk or dairy products! I got very sick after my first breakfast there because I drunk coffee with milk (my girlfriend didn’t and got not sick, otherwise we eat/drank the same). Unfortunately the next two days I had to stay in bed and our vacation was thus f*cked up!

—> So if you have the chance, stay in another hotel with a better location.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaegermeister06
Reviewed 14 May 2019

This hotel has very comfortable room and the staff are friendly and helpful. There is a big breakfast available and the hotel is excellently located about a ten minute walk from the Schwedagon Pagoda. I spent three nights there - enjoyed a very good traditional massage on the top floor and recommend the hotel for comfort at a very reasonable price.

Date of stay: May 2019