May Shan Hotel
Hotel Yankin(Yangon (Rangoon))(Great Value!)
US$45
US$31
The Strand(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$283
US$240
Rose Garden Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$99
The Loft Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$120
US$112
  • Room Service
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$185
US$176
PARKROYAL Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$139
US$101
Priceline
Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$81
US$79
US$41
US$35
  • Breakfast included
Summit Parkview Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$81
US$70
Priceline
Sedona Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$155
US$112
Priceline
All reviewsair conhot waterdouble roomscott marketfriendly hotelwalking distanceheart of downtowntrain stationtv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Owner seem to be chinese. Can speak chinese very well. Hitel near the pagoda area. Near trader hotel too. Stayed there for 4 nights. Was pretty ok. Execpt mosquito are plentiful. Wifi was only available at lobby. Breakfast was basic too. Should you need basicfood or drinks, please buy it at the supermarket. As it is difficult to find supermarket after 10pm.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lineasy2
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I paid over $70 USD a night for a double room with a window. Didn't get much for my money - the toilets didn't flush properly, the bottom bedsheet was polyester and kept slipping off the bed, thongs were mouldy. The free wifi internet didn't work for the three days I stayed there even though it was fine at the internet cafe down the road and at the other hotel I stayed at in Yangon.

Accommodation in Myanmar is limited and the poorest value of any SE Asian country I have visited. It's about 3-5 times more than you would pay for equivalent accommodation in Thailand or Vietnam. For Myanmar May Shan hotel is probably average value, but would have appreciated a little bit of attention to detail from the managers of this hotel.

On the positive side, the location is excellent and the people are lovely.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Noisha26
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at the May Shan in early September and I kind of expected the hotel to be basic but as I found no other better options I went along with it. The room that I stayed in had no windows. The bed, TV, A/C, table, minifridge were all in good/working conditions. The bathroom was very very basic. The lady at the reception desk was pleasant and attentive to any questions. Location wise, its a good place right next to the Sule Pagoda and you can walk around Downtown to see the different markets and other pagodas.

I probably would not return to somewhere like May Shan but then again I don't quite know where I would go. And I was there solo, definitely not recommended for solo travellers...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2013

It is not a cheap hotel. We traveled in 3, so that I have booked the room 601 with a street view, it was the first day I arrived in Yangon, and I looked out of the hotel window, I have seen the busy street and shrined Sule paya. It was very impressive. Compare to boutique hotels, it is too simple.

If you are like me, use Yangon as a transfer point at both ends of your entire trip, you can stay here one night then stay in the north of city for another. It is not bad, just let you see another facet of the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Small room space is the only con of the hotel. The place is clean with hot water, A/C, TV (not needing this) and wifi.The hotel is right next to the Sule Pagoda and within walking distance to the china town, port, post office, British embassy and other colonial buildings, etc.

Our room has no window but we only stayed in the room for sleep and shower - the other time we would be at the lobby for better wifi access. The staff is very helpful and treat you more or less as the family. The hotel charge for taxi is a bit pricy but they do tell you how much should the price of the normal taxi charge and let you try to make your own arrangement - we were there during rainy season and they have umbrella that we can borrow and the old man told me to go blow dried my hair before I catch a cold - very impressed. They were also generous with the food and our use of the hotel dining area to eat the food we brought from outside. So the room was small, but you can roam around the lobby and kitchen as though it's your own house. So how could I complain ;-)

Anyway, if you really need a window, asked for it when making reservation, the room will be bigger so it will cost more. Room no. 601 and 701, not sure if there are other rooms like this.

Room Tip: The normal room has no window. If you want windows, ask for the room for 3 persons, ie. room no. 601 or 701.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends