Good solid, clean and comfortable accommodation in a quiet area of Yangon. 15-minute rather pleasant walk to Shwedagon Paya, and close to a few excellent restaurants (try Thai Kitchen, or Sabi Sabi Thai). 2,000 kyat taxi ride will get you to most other sites. Room was rather charmless, but was comfortable and good value-for-money. Breakfast was adequate, although they charge you 500 kyats for extra cups of coffee beyond your first!
Hotel will change money, but at a somewhat less favourable rate than you can get elsewhere. At the time we were there, Winner was giving us 800 kyat to the dollar, but 850 was easy to get elsewhere, eg Summer Park Inn or Aung San Bogyoke Market.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your family hotel in the heart of Yangon. Your home away from home. Located in an all inclusive residential neighborhood (supermarket, beauty salons, restaurants and bars all within walking distance from the hotel) with easy access to the rest of Yangon as there's a taxi stand right in front of the hotel. The hotel is a 45mins drive from the Airport and 20mins drive to the City Center. Shwedagon Pagoda is just 20mins walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Winner Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winner Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Winner Inn Yangon, Myanmar