“Excellent Chinese Noodles”
Review of YKKO

YKKO
Ranked #119 of 829 Restaurants in Yangon (Rangoon)
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: YKKO Kyay_Oh Restaurant
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Enjoy a variety of noodle soups along with other barbecued items and appetizers. Reasonably priced and very tasty!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Situated on one of the main roads in Yangon this attractive looking

restaurant has a very limited menu of Myanmar soups and barbecued

meats. We had the grilled chicken which was a very small portion of

cooked chicken with a slice of green pepper and a mushroom for €2.50

which was very overpriced for what it was and where it was. The soft

drinks were reasonably priced. You would certainly get much more for

your money elsewhere.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We went here on a recommendation and had good food the two times we went. Some staff speak English and the menu is in both languages which was good! I had vermicelli noodles with crab and my partner had good chicken satay. Meals come when they are ready so you may not eat at the same time as others if in a group.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

If you are first time in Myanmar and you don't know what to eat, YKKO is your best choice. They have so many branches in Yangon that you will see them no matter where you go.

YKKO serves local dishes, asian and western food also. I recommend to try Kyay-Oh which is noodle soup. You can choose the ingredient, seafood or pork or chicken. If you don't like soup you can order Kyay-Oh Sickyet which is the dry version of Kyay-Oh. It's a traditional food of Myanmar and taste good. For ladies, Kyay-Oh mini is enough (the kyay-oh is quiet big portion).

Not all staff can speak English but basically you won't have any difficulty to order what you want.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

We went to this place for dinner after shopping. It was crowded, but the staffs were very polite and able to find a table for us. The branch we went was a two storey restaurant, with quite modern décor. There are normal table and sofa type seating. Great for friends to meet up and chitchatting at the same time enjoying yummy noodle soup.

One of their popular dishes is the pork beehoon soup. The share is big, lots of ingredients in the bowl of beehoon. I did not order pork instead I ordered their seafood beehoon soup. It comes with seafood including a crab clam. At the end of the meal I did not eat the clam as it was quite troublesome to dig out the crab meat from the clam, and when my sister in law saw it, she immediately asked the staff to take the clam to kitchen to dig out the crab meat for me. Without any sign of unwillingness, the lady took it into the kitchen and later came out with a small plate of crab meat, and I was amazed by their great service.

The aircon inside the restaurant was not cool enough, maybe due to many people in the restaurant, but besides this, everything is fine, food is nice too. I enjoyed very much. The varieties of food are a lot.

Overall not a bad experience, This will not be the last time I visit this restaurant. I will definitely go back and try again!

1  Thank Clanceroy