My boyfriend and I just got back from our 12 day tour of Myanmar, and the Inya Lake Hotel was the first place we stayed - and ranks towards the bottom of the five different hotels we stayed at throughout the country. Our room itself was pretty nice and spacious (we ended up with a Junior Suite due to some confusion with our tour company), and the shower had great water pressure! The hotel gives off the air of being from a different age - i.e. 50 years ago. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the elevator was ancient, the HUGE dining room felt awkward, and the outside of the building was less than attractive.
The location is about a 30 minute drive from downtown Yangon (depending on traffic), so we ate dinner at the hotel. The food was pretty good albeit pricey (the standard for hotel food in Myanmar).
All in all, it wasn't a bad experience. However, I would definitely opt to stay at the much more modern Trader's Hotel (where we stayed our last night) if you're gonna spend this kind of money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inya Lake Hotel, surrounded by 37 acres of verdant gardens, a serene lake resplendent with lotus, leafy trees and a free-shaped swimming pool offers the perfect retreat for guests to simply sit back and relax. Exploration of Yangon and the surrounding area is also a must and we would be delighted to arrange a variety of tours and excursions for you during your stay with a private guide.A 15-minute drive from the city centre, and 20 minutes from Yangon International Airport, the colonial styled hotel with its teakwood floors and oriental feel evokes charming memories of a by-gone era. The 129 guestrooms are decorated in retro style offering guests astonishing views over the city of Yangon and the Inya Lake.Experience the exotic delicacies of Myanmar, this secret tropical cuisine so redolent of the spices, textures and flavours of both this country and its neighbours. Unwind and enjoy the magic of sunset at the Lake View Bar or just relax at the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Dusit Yangon (Rangoon)
- Yangon (Rangoon) Dusit
- Dusit Inya Lake Hotel Yangon
- Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon Myanmar