Stayed here for 4 days on business, in the deluxe, lake facing room. Even though the overall feel of the hotel is aged, I was charmed by the peace and quiet throughout the hotel, and also the warmth from the staff.
Waking up early mornings meant enjoying the lovely view of the Inya lake from my large balcony, taking in the greenery and seeing little creatures like squirrels running about the yard. Also loved the walks and runs I took along the lake. The gym was pretty well equipped and machines ran smooth. Swam in the pool as well and found it clean, albeit in need of some revamp.
The simple deluxe room was comfortable and clean, and of good size. Wifi connection was available in the room, and most places in the hotel but connection was iffy from time to time, especially since it was a public network. Being on business, it was sometimes inconvenient.
Had many meals at Orchid Cafe, including the buffet breakfast. Food was generally delicious and at each breakfast, there was a local dish - mainly noodles - which I tried and relished! Variety at breakfast was reasonable although I had wished for some change from day to day. What impressed me most, was the staff at the cafe. Generally, they were attentive and accommodating. Once, a dish I ordered arrived rather late but I received profuse apologies from the staff and they also went through lengths to make up for the slight tardiness. And even though my stay was short, my preferences were already taken into account by a few staff by the 2nd day.
To get to the shops will require a cab ride. It cost about 5000kyat and takes about 20mins if the roads are not jammed, to get to downtown where most shops and some supermarkets are found. Try to avoid the roads between 5.30 - 7pm, as most roads leading to, and around town will be packed. I consider one of the nearest supermarkets to the hotel, to be Citymart at Junction Square, which was about 2-3km away.
Will I return to this hotel? Yes, if peace and quiet is what I'm looking for, especially when I need good space. And a stay that is filled with friendliness and warmth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inya Lake Hotel, surrounded by 37 acres of verdant gardens, a serene lake resplendent with lotus, leafy trees and a free-shaped swimming pool offers the perfect retreat for guests to simply sit back and relax. Exploration of Yangon and the surrounding area is also a must and we would be delighted to arrange a variety of tours and excursions for you during your stay with a private guide.A 15-minute drive from the city centre, and 20 minutes from Yangon International Airport, the colonial styled hotel with its teakwood floors and oriental feel evokes charming memories of a by-gone era. The 129 guestrooms are decorated in retro style offering guests astonishing views over the city of Yangon and the Inya Lake.Experience the exotic delicacies of Myanmar, this secret tropical cuisine so redolent of the spices, textures and flavours of both this country and its neighbours. Unwind and enjoy the magic of sunset at the Lake View Bar or just relax at the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Dusit Yangon (Rangoon)
- Yangon (Rangoon) Dusit
- Dusit Inya Lake Hotel Yangon
- Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon Myanmar