I could not disagree more with the previous reviewer. I too have stayed at the Inya Lake over many years-even back to the days in the 1990’s when it was managed by New World but in recent years I believe it has greatly improved.
Two years ago the hotel was virtually empty at high season but this year it was full and it was a pleasure to stay there over the holiday period.
On most evenings there were wedding and anniversary parties and it was fun to watch the fashions go by. They all finished by 21.00hrs so we were not disturbed.
We were in a room on the 4th floor and had no disturbance at all from the long term guests and NGO’s – in fact their presence meant that service levels in the bar, restaurant and around the pool were far better than our previous stays – especially the pool lunch service which was excellent.
The GM had really gone to town with Seasonal decorations- Christmas tree, Gingerbread House and even a mini animal farm for the children.
Sunday evening buffet at $20 with freeflow wine and beer was a bargain and delicious as well.
As has been stated before, the Inya Lake Hotel is in a wonderful location with large grounds and the best swimming pool in Yangon yet only 20 minutes from the airport and a $4 taxi ride downtown.
It also has wonderfully comfortable beds and we cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inya Lake Hotel, surrounded by 37 acres of verdant gardens, a serene lake resplendent with lotus, leafy trees and a free-shaped swimming pool offers the perfect retreat for guests to simply sit back and relax. Exploration of Yangon and the surrounding area is also a must and we would be delighted to arrange a variety of tours and excursions for you during your stay with a private guide.A 15-minute drive from the city centre, and 20 minutes from Yangon International Airport, the colonial styled hotel with its teakwood floors and oriental feel evokes charming memories of a by-gone era. The 129 guestrooms are decorated in retro style offering guests astonishing views over the city of Yangon and the Inya Lake.Experience the exotic delicacies of Myanmar, this secret tropical cuisine so redolent of the spices, textures and flavours of both this country and its neighbours. Unwind and enjoy the magic of sunset at the Lake View Bar or just relax at the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Dusit Yangon (Rangoon)
- Yangon (Rangoon) Dusit
- Dusit Inya Lake Hotel Yangon
- Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon Myanmar