We always look forward to returning to the Inya Lake Hotel and especially to the comfy beds – we have never failed to have a good night sleep here arriving after a succession of flights from Europe or returning from up country.
As has been posted before, the grounds are the best in Yangon – as is the swimming pool – and the views over Inya Lake at sunset are stunning. Convenient for the airport, yet only a $3 taxi ride to Shwedagon, it certainly suits us and it always our first choice in Yangon. We have used three other more modern hotels in Yangon but we always come back to the Inya Lake. There are drawbacks, ancient lifts, old style air conditioning units, 60’s bathrooms (but constant piping hot water) but the atmosphere of the teak public areas and great views do compensate.
The in-house shops have also improved with the addition of a minimart selling everything from toothpaste, souvenirs, biscuits, snacks and cold beer, to Mandalay rum at $2. The adjoining cake shop also is the wine store.
Service was, as usual, friendly and efficient with food and drink sensibly priced.
One aspect did impress me. We left some quality shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom when we left early for our flight upcountry. A week later, on our return, we were told at check in that it had been retained by housekeeping and would be delivered to our room. This typified the honesty we found in Myanmar – one of our party was approached by airline staff whilst in the departure lounge(!) at Thandwe , who after checking his name, said that some money had been found on the table in his hotel room and did he want it returning or was it a tip. It was a tip but the honesty of the hotel staff was very impressive.
Conclusion – I can think of nothing better than returning to the Inya Lake hotel after a busy day sightseeing in Yangon and relaxing round the freeform pool with a Myanmar beer in hand or, a little later, sitting outside the Lake View lounge watching the sun go down with a G&T in hand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inya Lake Hotel, surrounded by 37 acres of verdant gardens, a serene lake resplendent with lotus, leafy trees and a free-shaped swimming pool offers the perfect retreat for guests to simply sit back and relax. Exploration of Yangon and the surrounding area is also a must and we would be delighted to arrange a variety of tours and excursions for you during your stay with a private guide.A 15-minute drive from the city centre, and 20 minutes from Yangon International Airport, the colonial styled hotel with its teakwood floors and oriental feel evokes charming memories of a by-gone era. The 129 guestrooms are decorated in retro style offering guests astonishing views over the city of Yangon and the Inya Lake.Experience the exotic delicacies of Myanmar, this secret tropical cuisine so redolent of the spices, textures and flavours of both this country and its neighbours. Unwind and enjoy the magic of sunset at the Lake View Bar or just relax at the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Dusit Yangon (Rangoon)
- Yangon (Rangoon) Dusit
- Dusit Inya Lake Hotel Yangon
- Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon Myanmar