I was greeted by the GM -Didier and he gave a warm and pleasant introduction to The Strand and I was so thankful for the upgrade to one of their 3 Executive Suites. They are simply huge and with teak floors and polished dark wood finishes they give of an aura of the old Colonial past. With the City just beginning to boom from tourists ( and The Governors Residence just about to start a big refurbishment of their rooms - I would not want this Grand Dame to become an old Dowager Duchess ! The amazing space needs some homely warmth and more life in the wall art/ objet d'art and 'stuff' of interest. ( See Raffles in Singapore for the right comparison)
The breakfast is all ordered and served fresh ( refreshing after endless buffets !) andAfternoon tea is cute and worth a stop off for
The Male massuer was very good at his job, so much so that I fell to sleep mid-treatment and woke myself with my own snoring (lol)
The bar on the night I was there was very quiet ( and again lacked intimate atmosphere ) but I have to admit to not being there later at night.
All round a centrally located , fantastic, well run establishment - just need the investors to release some cash for keeping it at the Top
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1901The Strand has featured as a landmark of this vibrant city for over a century, offering guests an oasis of calm, timeless elegance and understated luxury. The recent renovation project afforded a complete overhaul of its infrastructure, and restored The Strand to its former glory, featuring marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers and lacquer wood furniture, interspersed with Burmese antiques. Our 24-hour bespoke Butler service attends to the 32 suites, ensuring every whim is taken care of, and The Strand offers guests a welcome respite from the frenetic city, buoyed by the warmth and kindness of the Myanmar people, which remains the very essence of The Strand. Often regarded as the Grand Dame of Yangon, The Strand offers guests the opportunity to languor amidst a rich tapestry of past meets present, seamlessly blending architectural heritage with history, set against a backdrop of Colonial splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar