I've been lucky enough to stay here on three occasions. The staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel has a simple elegance. But it still suffers from some Myanmar quirks, like very slow service at the cafe. The food is tasty though and the massage is one of the best I've had in Myanmar. If you keep your expectations at "Myanmar five star" and not "Thailand five star" you'll love it here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1901The Strand has featured as a landmark of this vibrant city for over a century, offering guests an oasis of calm, timeless elegance and understated luxury. The recent renovation project afforded a complete overhaul of its infrastructure, and restored The Strand to its former glory, featuring marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers and lacquer wood furniture, interspersed with Burmese antiques. Our 24-hour bespoke Butler service attends to the 32 suites, ensuring every whim is taken care of, and The Strand offers guests a welcome respite from the frenetic city, buoyed by the warmth and kindness of the Myanmar people, which remains the very essence of The Strand. Often regarded as the Grand Dame of Yangon, The Strand offers guests the opportunity to languor amidst a rich tapestry of past meets present, seamlessly blending architectural heritage with history, set against a backdrop of Colonial splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar