We stayed here at the beginning and end of our trip to Myanmar. The grounds are beautiful and the staff are really responsive and helpful. On our last day we didn't have to leave until 4.30 although check out was at 12 nut they willingly arranged for us to have a room to use before we left. This meant that we were free to enjoy our day and change before we started the long journey home.
The food is really good and there's a wide choice between western and eastern foods.
The rooms are lovely, shower works brilliantly and the bed is really comfortable. The only downside for me was that a very mild perfume is used to keep the rooms fresh which I'm sure most people would really like but I don't like. However, it was easy to open the windows and get rid of the 'freshness'!
Although it's not in the centre of Yangoon, it's very easy and inexpensive to get a taxi and the hotel staff were helpful in organaising this and also ensuring what the price would be before we got in.
I think what I liked best about this hotel was the atmosphere of calm and peacefulness which is an amazing thing to find in a large city like Yangoon. I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It's located within the elegant and lush green Embassy Quarter of Yangon, walking distance to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Belmond hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Belmond Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Belmond Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar