This hotel has fantastic service- smiles at every turn and lots of people ready to help you out with whatever you need. The grounds are lovely with a great pool and a nice lounge area on the second floor which was great for doing business or relaxing. Breakfast in the morning was varied, fresh, and tasty.
The only downside was that when they "fog" for mosquitoes in the evening. They leave each guest a warning letter when they are going to do it but I wish they went a little lighter with the application of the noxious fumes. Returning to my room right afterward, I could hardly breathe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It's located within the elegant and lush green Embassy Quarter of Yangon, walking distance to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Belmond hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Belmond Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Belmond Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar