Everything about this exquisite hotel is near to perfection - the grounds, the lovely colonial architecture, the rooms, the pool, the public verandahs, the delightful staff, who seem to anticipate your every wish, the food. What an incredibly lovely place to stay. This hotel alone would be worth a visit to Myanmar.
The only, and truly only, quibble we have - which unfortunately seems to be endemic to even the very best hotels - is the inadequate lighting in the rooms. Reading at night is nearly impossible.
Otherwise, everything about this hotel is a delight. Thank you to management and the staff for making this such an outstanding experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It's located within the elegant and lush green Embassy Quarter of Yangon, walking distance to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Belmond hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Belmond Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Belmond Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar