The Old British Governor's Residence is a beautiful hotel in a great location at the back of Embassy Row. Laid out in a series of one and two story buildings, the grounds are magnificent. Manicured gardens with beautiful flowering plants everywhere. And a lovely pool area.
The rooms were quiet and very comfortable.
Breakfast on the veranda was a treat each morning. A beautiful peacock strolled the garden each morning--they put seed for him in the grass.
And they have the typical Myanmar dinner upstairs. A great introduction to local foods.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It's located within the elegant and lush green Embassy Quarter of Yangon, walking distance to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Belmond hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Belmond Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar