The hotel is a quiet oasis thanks to it's location in the embassy neighborhood, It is in walking distance to the Shwedegon pagoda. I have been very disappointed with Orient-Express properties in the past. This hotel, however, is the exception. The hotel exudes colonial era décor and charm. The pool and gardens are well integrated into the footprint of the resort and are very well maintained. It is very tempting to adjust your itinerary to luxuriate poolside. The service is attentive. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. The public spaces are decorated with paintings from local artists that are for sale and I think that many of them would appeal to a discerning collector. The food is outstanding-this is the best breakfast you will have in Myanmar. Staying at the Governor's Residence is definitely worth the splurge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It's located within the elegant and lush green Embassy Quarter of Yangon, walking distance to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Belmond hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Belmond Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Belmond Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar