We booked our first night in Yangon in this wonderful property to Kick off our trip with style and grace..... We found both..... The reception and greeting exceptional along with the traditional gong that welcomes each guest. We had a ground floor room near the pool... Very practical.. But keep the shades drawn.... Be sure to request additional water on arrival as the two bottles provided disappear quickly in the heat. The bed quality excellent and pillows perfect. The in-room air conditioning is tricky so plan to get some instruction. Both restaraunts serve excellent food.
The staff quickly learns you name and a few Mingalaba's and your feeling very colonial.
We then decided to close our trip with one addtional night in the Governor's and were welcomed home like family.... Even given the same room! We enjoyed the entire experience and will use the property on our next escape to the wonderful country and people of Myanmar and the Governor's residence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It's located within the elegant and lush green Embassy Quarter of Yangon, walking distance to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Belmond hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Belmond Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar