I was a bit disappointed to be honest, probably because for those money and with this fame it should have been better. I heard two years ago it was 90$, now I paid like 350$ and – maybe it makes me small man – at this price I start getting slightly irritated that I can’t get juice at the bar and then I see that my room is smallish, and why nobody swims in the pool? Because its not so great actually. Otherwise the staff is perfect, even their imperfections are very sweet and I liked them all.
Next time I’ll look for better deal though – I am not sure I will find anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It's located within the elegant and lush green Embassy Quarter of Yangon, walking distance to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Belmond hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Belmond Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Belmond Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar