“Truly a business hotel”

Sedona Hotel Yangon
Ranked #13 of 161 Hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed in Sedona because of Cosmobeaute. Service was excellent and internet connection in room was great. The down side was the housekeeping. Room was not cleaned thoroughly and they did not replaced the towels after removing it. Food and beverage in both the Lounge Bar and the Brasserie was so-so. I found hair in my mango juice and cockroach in the bacon during breakfast. Seriously need to pay more attention to the cleanliness.
Overall, all is good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KLHM_Sedona, General Manager at Sedona Hotel Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear KPatsy, we sincerely apologise for your negative experience with us, you have been most kind. It is truly concerning and we are stepping up efforts to provide guests with the best comfort possible. Our chefs are also in the process of upgrading the menus and we look forward to impressing you with our new offerings on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just checked out of Sedona Hotel in Yangon after a four nights stay. Check in was smooth but assigned a room with heavy smoking aroma still in the air. Requested for change to a Non-smoking room and surprisingly given one instantly! The room is good size, bathroom amenities adequate but the air-conditioning was making a fair bit of noise. Breakfast at the Brassierie was a big disappointment. Only the congee and cooked noodles were hot. Everything else was cold. Even the buns and eggs were cold. The coffee was cold too. Even saw a cockroach in the bread basket and duly informed one of the waiter who casually shake it off and stamped on it. I didn't see if his stomping was deadly but it was in some way hilarious if it was not a health issue. By the way, there were frequent power interruptions, sometimes up to 3-4 times in an hour. Maybe its the monsoon season in Yangon. The internet is OK but keep cutting out. Due to lack of entertainment outlets at night, spent most nights in the lobby lounge. By the third night, staff knew our drinks. Check out was smooth. Trying to pay in US dollars can be very tricky. Any old, worn out, torn, marked US Dollars are NOT accepted. It's a lot more pricier than hotels in KL.

Room Tip: Rooms facing swimming pool is quieter and better views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrancisFoong
KLHM_Sedona, General Manager at Sedona Hotel Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear TC_Foong, thank you for your feedback. Our Brasserie team have noted your comments and are working to improve it. Please note that food hygiene is our highest priority and we have addressed the issue with the relevant staff. The intermittent power disruptions throughout Yangon were caused by the heavy rains during the week of your stay, and we hope our efforts to restore the power within seconds helped minimised the inconvenience caused. We hope you've enjoyed our newly-renovated Lobby Lounge with live entertainment. We look forward to having you back at Sedona Hotel Yangon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed over a weekend with family and Yangon being new city still need to improve in infrastructure. People are nice, surprisingly converse well in English. As far as hotel staff, they are ok and a lot to be done in term of training....once I have to wait for concierge and outlet manager to to finish their conversation before I can get an attention as a guest asking for assistance on direction. Room was big and clean, the engineering staff ned to discreetly quiet when working on the next door plumbing job though. Pool was not attractive with construction happening right behind the area and the aircond at the lobby area should not be as cold as winter time in Europe. Other that that, kind of nice...place.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wan e M

Dear Wan e M, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We have addressed the issues with our service and engineering staff as part of our service improvement initiative. Please bear with us as we are currently building a new wing next to the pool, which will be completed by end-2015. We can't wait to share the new product with guests when the time comes. In the meantime, we are glad that the renovated rooms are up to your expectations and we hope you had a memorable time with your family over the weekend.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I came to Yangon as a guest speaker for Cosmobeaute Asia Myanmar. I needed to do lots of computer work and needed internet badly. Wow! I'm suprise about the previous review about bad internet. The internet here work perfectly alright and very fast.

The staffs are well trained, highly hospitable, language skill is great, food is palatable, rooms are nice, amenities are up to standard, accessiblity is wonderful and everything has been awesome. True Myanmar Hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Baskie, we are glad you've enjoyed your stay with us. We have just upgraded our Internet facilities and are proud to announce that we are one of the few establishments with the fastest bandwidth in the whole of Yangon. Do keep us in mind for your next conference. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Wonderful experience at Sedona except for its internet services. Have to be at lobby lounge to gain internet access. Serve good food at all its restaurants and service staffs are friendly and well trained.

Room Tip: Must try its Chinese restaurant and ICE BAR!
1  Thank Jeffyyc
KLHM_Sedona, General Manager at Sedona Hotel Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Jeffyyc, we apologise for the poor Internet connectivity you've experienced during your stay. You'll be pleased to know that our installation of high-speed Internet connectivity has been completed and is being tested throughout the hotel now. Thank you also for the positive comment on our dining offerings and service. It is definitely encouraging as we strive towards a warm Asian hospitality environment.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

They just renovated part of the hotel. The new rooms are big and well furnished. Staff were very helpful and price is reasonable. There are some great eats just opposite the hotel which is great for business dinners. Great time staying there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear HDRcorp, indeed, Sedona Hotel Yangon is undergoing the last phase of our facelift. The rooms have all been renovated and we're glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have stayed in Yangon for about 3 months and this is the 3rd hotel I have stayed. I room is ok but there couldn't be worse service for the amount you paid.

I have experienced problems from check-in through check-out. They couldn't find my booking, and they overcharged my laundry.

Food is ok, same as other same class of hotel

Location, this depends on what you are doing. I am working and this hotel close to where I work and not to far from the airport. But if you are tourist, I think you'd better look for a hote with location like Traders.

Wifi is good for certain rooms so if you get to stay in a wrong wing of hotel then you will never get to use wifi unless u use it around 4am.

Cattles in my room was broken and when I moved to new room the cattle was one with the round shape power socket that has no way to fit with the power socket in the room. Not sure why they would provide that in the room. I also found small cockroach in my bathroom.

Service here is unbearable for 4 stars. They need to train their staffs better esp the bell boys. They do not help you when taxi overcharge eg. I tried to take taxi to Yankin center which is very near by and taxi tried to charge me for 3000 Kyat where the price should be 1500 Kyat. When I complained the bell boy said, if I wanted cheaper taxi then I should walk out and get a taxi myself. That's somewhat how 4 stars hotel staff here talk to me.

All my colleagues who stay there do not get any better experience. I only stay here as it is company choice but not mine.

I never write a complain review but perhaps this is the first as to warn people who might make a decision to stay. There are better hotels with the same class. Personally I think for about the same price you will get much better service at Chatrium. Or else this is no diff than 2-3 stars service so go for that class and pay cheaper for better location.

2  Thank JKKBangkok