Sule Shangri-La Yangon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Clover City Center(Yangon (Rangoon))
  • Restaurant
East Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
  • Breakfast included
Central Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
  • Breakfast included
Beautyland Hotel II(Yangon (Rangoon))
Panorama Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
City Star Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
  • Breakfast included
Hotel G Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
The Loft Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
  • Room Service
Asia Plaza Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
2,988 results
All reviewshorizon clubgallery barsummer palaceclub roomscott marketchinese restaurantbusiness hotelexcellent hotelriver cruisemain restaurantbogyoke marketbreakfast buffet ispublic areasfive star hoteldowntown yangoncentral locationan oasis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The best hotel in Rangoon.I stayed at Trader hotel three times ( 2012 ,2013 &2014).The best services, location and five stars standard qualified hotel compare with Savoy , Kandawgyi and Sedona.Not good experiences stayed at Savoy, Kandawgyi and Sedona.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

"They care about you" concept. Very well mannered staff. Excellent buffet breakfast at Traders Cafe. My overall stay experience - It's the best 5-star hotel I've ever stayed so far in Southeast Asia. From the staff to the room and hotel quality, everything was perfect.

Room Tip: Very comfortable. Bed, pillows and sofa were top quality. Excellent wifi service - fast, not breaking and only 1-time login throughout my stay of 3 nights. Love Traders Hotel Yangon.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed at Traders for 4 days while on a business trip to Yangon and had a pleasant stay at the hotel. The hotel is located walking distance from Sule Padoga which is a beautiful site to catch at night when it is lit up in all its glory. Some rooms at the hotel offer views of the pagoda though I was not fortunate to get such a room. Traders is also close enough to most places in the city keeping in mind the guranteed Myanmar traffic.

The check in was smooth with my 2 colleagues and I occupying 2 different floors. Interestingly the room locks were different on the 2 floors, 9 and 14. Those on the 9th floor had a guaranteed struggle with the lock each and every time we tried to get into our rooms!

The room itself was clean, spacious and offered the usual range of facilities. I was not a fan of the pillows provided but then again very rarely does a hotel provide pillows to my liking. The bathroom was once again clean and well stocked. I particularly liked their range of toiletries.

I had the buffet breakfast with my room and enjoyed that each morning of my stay. The buffet offers a huge range of dishes from different cuisines but the quality of food and taste is not consistent across.

I had a head, shoulder and back massage at the hotel spa which was nice but nothing to shout about. Also the masseuse didn’t actually massage my head so not sure what happened there.

The one issue I had was with the elevators which were extremely slow. This issue was made worse on the last day when only 2 out of the 5 elevators were working. I had to wait almost 10min to take an elevator down for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This Hotel is rated 5 Star. I wondered how much management paid to get to the 5 star rating. Very poor people attitude! Nice display all around, however, the staff not very pleasant, resturant food Poor. I will never stay at Traders again.

Room Tip: Room is clean, however A/C is full on all the time.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Racoon708
Dave J, Manager at Sule Shangri-La Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Racoon708,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear of your experience and apologize for the service lapses that you encountered. I can assure you that improvements will be made but I would appreciate if you could get in touch with me to share some more details at dave.junker@tradershotels.com

I hope that you will give us the chance to restore your confidence in us and should you wish to discuss your concerns further then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Traders is not for you if you are seeking ambience or local flavor. No funky fans or rattan furniture in the rooms; it's all businesslike woods and sober masculine decor. But the mattresses are great, the pillows are the best of the seven hotels we sampled all over Myanmar, the Internet is the fastest, plugs are numerous and conveniently placed, the TV has a zillion channels in as many languages (okay, a few dozen channels in a handful of languages), the water pressure in the shower is perfect, there is a gorgeous view of the gilded pagoda from our glass wall/window, and service comes with smiles (elsewhere we saw plenty of smiles but no idea of service).

Plus, if you stay on the concierge level, there is a nightly "cocktail hour"in the executive lounge that becomes a de facto dinner: sushi, dim sum, rice, cold cuts, salads, egg rolls, chicken, roast meats, cheeses, breads, crackers, fruit, and luscious desserts. Plus wine, juices, booze, and soft drinks. Quite a spread, and in a delightfully soigne' setting. What you save by not eating in one of the hotel restaurants covers the added cost of the concierge level . . . sort of.

Add to that the location in the center of shopping and cultural sites, and you have accommodation worthy of the Shangri-la label.

Room Tip: Concierge level runs from the 18th to 22nd floors. View is fantastic, noise is nonexistent, service is super. Certainly you pay for these benefits, and not pocket change.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family