Traders is a business-style hotel, which lacks individuality but delivers everything else. My wife, who usually prefers boutique hotels, loved Traders simply because everything worked properly, efficiently and effectively.
The rooms are typical business-style - functional, practical and unremarkable. There's a flat-screen tv, FREE WIFI, minibar, iron and ironing board, safe, free tea and coffee - everything you expect really.
The location is excellent - walking distance to downtown Yangon, Sule Paya, the Indian district and China town. The pool is good - big enough for laps, although on a Saturday afternoon it was busy with no loungers available.
Staff are friendly and helpful and they accept credit card without any surcharges (very helpful in ensuring you don't run out of those precious, pristine, US bank notes). Their exchange rate is not the best, but they immediately point you to the Farmers exchange booth over the road. Concierge service is excellent, they know where everything is and happily write addresses out in Burmese for taxi drivers.
All in all, its a good hotel, which delivers everything you expect - there is really nothing to complain about. It just lacks that little something that makes it exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 22 story Hotel centrally located across from Bogyoke Market, in Yangon's business, cultural & shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sule Shangri-La Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Traders Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Sule Shangri-La Yangon Myanmar