This is a five star hotel with good service and an abundance of staff. Try to book a room with a view of t he Shwedagon Pagoda. It is spectacular at night. Be sure to visit it early in the day before the sun heats up the paving. I recommend that you book and pay for your room with a reservation service because using credit cards can be difficult in Myanmar. Because credit cards are actually processed outside the country I couldn't use my card on a Saturday night or Sunday . The processing office was closed for the weekend. Breakfast was interesting with eggs, pancakes, sushi and cake. Hotel restaurants are good but expensive (for Myanmar). There are Thai and Chinese reastaurants in the park a short walk away. In the afternoon, try the tea and cakes in the lobby . The staff will even tell you what time they discount the cakes. (I think it was 4 PM).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon shines as one of the city’s topmost hotels for pure luxury and rich colonial-style heritage. Situated among lush greenery and beside the famous Kandawgyi Lake, views are simply stunning and spectacular. Every guestroom is spaciously designed and furnished to reflect the luxurious surroundings, with breathtaking views of Shwedagon Pagoda. The Chatrium Club Lounge provides an added touch of luxury and exclusivity with a private check-in lounge, complimentary refreshments, access to our Meeting Rooms and many more special privileges. Choose from six restaurants and bars for delicious dining, relax by our beach-styled swimming pool, work-out at the Fitness Center and rejuvenate at Nemita Spa. Our Grand Ballroom is ideal for weddings, banquets and large events, with smaller meeting rooms available for more private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chatrium Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon Myanmar