I very much enjoyed my stay here, especially the spacious, nicely furnished room and bathroom. It's quiet and luxurious, with lovely decorations, plants, and a picture-perfect pool overlooking part of the city. There's lots of public space. Because it's set aside from the hustle and bustle, though, there are not many places you can walk to (like restaurants), and I was so tired upon my arrival that I didn't even try to walk off the grounds. Instead, I had a nice little lunch in the restaurant downstairs. The room is impressive, with huge tall windows, statuary, and an enormous vase in a cool wooden structure next to our table. The service was excellent, the waitress even sneaking watermelon off the buffet for us when my friend and I wondered why it wasn't on the menu. But the cups of hot tea we had afterward - nothing special - each cost $3, an exorbitant amount for Myanmar. I guess this follows the pattern of so many top-notch hotels, that gouge the "let's meet for coffee" folks because you are enjoying the gorgeous setting. Breakfast, an enormous buffet in the same area, was fantastic, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon shines as one of the city’s topmost hotels for pure luxury and rich colonial-style heritage. Situated among lush greenery and beside the famous Kandawgyi Lake, views are simply stunning and spectacular. Every guestroom is spaciously designed and furnished to reflect the luxurious surroundings, with breathtaking views of Shwedagon Pagoda. The Chatrium Club Lounge provides an added touch of luxury and exclusivity with a private check-in lounge, complimentary refreshments, access to our Meeting Rooms and many more special privileges. Choose from six restaurants and bars for delicious dining, relax by our beach-styled swimming pool, work-out at the Fitness Center and rejuvenate at Nemita Spa. Our Grand Ballroom is ideal for weddings, banquets and large events, with smaller meeting rooms available for more private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chatrium Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon Myanmar