After staying at the Parkroyal in Yangon which was very average I was pleasantly surprised when I stayed at the Chatrium Hotel. The lobby is beautiful and gives a welcoming feeling when one arrives and staff is friendly. Our party had a corner room and it was a big room on the 4th floor which faced the pool and the Shewedagon in the distance. Our room had club access with complimentary afternoon tea which was average but it was a nice place to relax and wifi in the hotel was very fast. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom is large with nice amenities. There is also a balcony but we kept the doors closed as there are a lot of bugs outside. The hotel also offers a great selection for breakfast with good quality food which caters to an international clientele. The hotel might not be as convenient as other hotels in town though such as the Traders or Parkroyal.
It is by all means not a cheap hotel and prices in general in Myanmar are very high in comparison to other countries however the Chatrium offers a good product in comparison to the Parkroyal.
I would definitely stay here again if they keep the pricing at this level. However I do find that hotels at the moment are overpriced in Myanmar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon shines as one of the city’s topmost hotels for pure luxury and rich colonial-style heritage. Situated among lush greenery and beside the famous Kandawgyi Lake, views are simply stunning and spectacular. Every guestroom is spaciously designed and furnished to reflect the luxurious surroundings, with breathtaking views of Shwedagon Pagoda. The Chatrium Club Lounge provides an added touch of luxury and exclusivity with a private check-in lounge, complimentary refreshments, access to our Meeting Rooms and many more special privileges. Choose from six restaurants and bars for delicious dining, relax by our beach-styled swimming pool, work-out at the Fitness Center and rejuvenate at Nemita Spa. Our Grand Ballroom is ideal for weddings, banquets and large events, with smaller meeting rooms available for more private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chatrium Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon Myanmar