Loved Yangon and loved this hotel. A five-star hotel that would be comfortable sitting on a beach in Bali. Expensive but good that they include wifi and breakfast in the rate we paid, as well as a late check-out. Check-in was pleasant including a welcome drink. The room was comfortable and spacious, with separate shower and quality toiletries. Ventilation was good in keeping the room cool. Slept great.
The breakfast was among the best hotel breakfasts I've seen anywhere. Lots of Asian ethnic diversity including the local coconut noodle soup, but also Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Western options. The staff in the dining room made breakfast a personalized experience by introducing me to some unfamiliar items. We also ate in the Japanese restaurant one night for the buffet, which while a bit pricey by local standards, offered everything you could possibly imagine including fresh grilled seafood and all-you-can-eat sushi/sashimi. The gym is small but has the right equipment, and one of the staff kindly helped coach me through some weights work. The hotel has one of Yangon's few ATMs right out front, and a currency exchange open until 9 PM. Taxis don't really up-charge to take advantage of hotel guests, maybe an extra US$1 at most.
Would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon shines as one of the city’s topmost hotels for pure luxury and rich colonial-style heritage. Situated among lush greenery and beside the famous Kandawgyi Lake, views are simply stunning and spectacular. Every guestroom is spaciously designed and furnished to reflect the luxurious surroundings, with breathtaking views of Shwedagon Pagoda. The Chatrium Club Lounge provides an added touch of luxury and exclusivity with a private check-in lounge, complimentary refreshments, access to our Meeting Rooms and many more special privileges. Choose from six restaurants and bars for delicious dining, relax by our beach-styled swimming pool, work-out at the Fitness Center and rejuvenate at Nemita Spa. Our Grand Ballroom is ideal for weddings, banquets and large events, with smaller meeting rooms available for more private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chatrium Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon Myanmar