The location within walking distance of Shwedagon Pagoda was very nice. We only spent one night here and it made it easy to see the sights of Yangon but still have a quiet place to sleep for the night.
The service was excellent with the staff going out of their way to help us exchange money (do it near the market), help us get taxis, and really take care of our trip.
The rooms are very large and comfortable.
The major downside is that if you want to be located closer to the market or the center of town than you have to take a taxi ride. However, for one night it was not a major issue and in fact was nice for our early morning departure to Bagan. Also, there are not a huge amount of places to eat nearby compared to the more central hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar