We spent three nights overall on our recent trip to Myanmar with Trailfinders at the Savoy. Rooms were colonial style and gorgeous (as well as having UK sockets which was a bonus!). Very peaceful with lovely pool area, nice bar etc. Breakfast was delicious, the best that we had on the trip. The staff were also incredibly helpful and nice. I had problems accessing the internet from the business centre so they very kindly let me use the one in their own office so that I could check in for our flight the next day. Yeah, it's on a busy intersection, but it's Yangon! What do you expect? That's part of the whole experience. Don't really know the price as we booked everything as a tailor made holiday through Trailfinders.
Some nice restaurants around (the hotel was little too expensive for us for dinner) as long as you take a torch with you to find them!
Overall thought that the hotel was beautiful, the room comfortable and the staff charming and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar