We stayed at the Savoy at the start and the end of our holiday in Myanmar in December and were very happy with the hotel. We had a nice quiet room overlooking the pool for both stays. The rooms were well appointed in a colonial style, if a little dark (due to dark floor I think). We found the staff to be a happy and engaging team who always tried to make conversation. Do beware though that the hotel rooms are over three floors and there is no lift so if you have a problem climbing stairs then you will need to ask for a ground floor room (staff will carry luggage to the room so you do not need to climb the stairs with suitcases in tow).
The hotel is very well located for sightseeing at the Shwedagon Pagoda, with a very good view of the pagoda from the restaurant, and also reasonably convenient for the airport.
At the end of our holiday we were lazy and could not deal with venturing out into the evening traffic so we decided to treat ourselves to a meal in the hotel's restaurant. We were not disappointed; we had a wonderful meal with courteous attentive service all to an exceptionally high (European) standard. We paid about $55/head including drinks, wine and coffee which we thought was good value given the menu offer and the fact we were in the hotel.
The Savoy was not our first choice of hotel in Yangon and was suggested by our tour operator when they had problems confirming our booking at the start of our holiday planning in Feb '12. We were very happy with the hotel and in fact in retrospect it probably suited us better than our first choice would have done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar