I just loved this hotel.
The rooms are spacious and well decorated. The bathroom is a good size and very tasteful. The hotel had a colonial boutique feel. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was a bit unappealing, even for Burma where the standard is pretty low. For the evening meal, we did not eat in the restaurant, but instead went left one night to a place where locals ate and had really cheap noodles and beer. Other nights we went right and ate at Coffee Circles which looks over westernised, but actually serves a good range o f food and is frequented by the richer locals.
Bizarrely the toilets at the hotel near the swimming pool has framed smutty seaside postcards on the wall, some funny but rather rude, so if you do go take a look. My husband informs me that the humour in the gents was less smutty but a bit odd.
If I return to Yangon, I will make this hotel my first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar