We stayed here at the beginning and end of our Myanmar visit and were very comfortable. The building is exactly as one would expect with lots of polished wood, old artefacts and colonial type service, all surrounding a lovely little pool. Rooms are simply stylish and very comfortable, the staff are, of course, attentive, helpful and delightful. They were soooo obliging at the end of our travels when I wanted to freshen up at the end of a sight seeing day and just prior to leaving for the airport; so had checked out of our room. They installed a hairdryer, towels and bathroom goodies in the pool changing room to make my very own bathroom. Service indeed. We ate in the restaurant which we found very satisfactory, the food is of a high standard for a developing country, service pleasant and the atmosphere convivial. Thoroughly recommended
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar