This is a lovely Colonial style hotel with good facilities & nicely furnished. The bed was on the hard side, but perfectly comfortable. The pool area was lovely, very peaceful. Average breakfast. The staff on reception tried to be helpful, but most had a small working knowledge of English. We had trouble getting more than one towel! Although it's quite a long way from the centre of town, I thought that was good, as it's chaos in town! A taxi to the Strand Hotel area was only 3,000 bht (under $4). We found that it was easier to go to a big hotel & ask the doorman to get you a taxi for the return trip. The hotels in Myanmar are expensive & the restaurants match the room costs. Opposite the Savoy on Inya Rd is a very basic looking restaurant called Friendship Restaurant. We approached it with trepidation, but it was excellent & very cheap. There was another good restaurant, if you liked curries, called Thai Kitchen, on the opposite side to the Savoy across Dhammazedi Rd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar