Firstly, this hotel is rated as a three star property by the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism, not 4 star as claimed.. I've stayed at this hotel twice in 2013. The hotel is a classic looking property. Intenet connection is unreliable since the hotel is using the Redlink wireless provider. However if you ask the front desk about any problem there will be a plethoria of excuses. Food served for breakfast is basis and monotonous. I've tried ordering at the bar, however what is on the menu sometimes doesn't arrive and the staff need reminders, again there are excuses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar