Savoy is a charming colonial hotel and their staff, especially the front office are friendly and attentive. On day 2, our breakfast was served at 4.30am as we had to leave for the airport at 5am. The rooms towards the left part of the hotel are noisy in the morning due to close proximity to the road outside.
We came back to stay in Savoy again after visiting other towns in Myanmmar. On the last day, we decided to stay in to relax before leaving for the airport at 1pm. However, the maintenance workers decided to put in a new aircond (for the corridor) right outside our room and the drilling noise was unbearable! A call from the staff to warn us would have been appreciated and we could have checked-out earlier and have lunch elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar