Contrary to what some of the reviewers here have said, we had an excellent stay at the Savoy. On arrival we were greeted in very courteous English and with huge Myanmar smiles, and this level of friendliness continued throughout our stay, from all staff. Service couldn't have been better.
The hotel is a short taxi ride from downtown (£2 / $3) but this was fine. It is also very close to the stunning Shwedagon Temple. The place is extremely well maintained and very clean. We ate at the restaurant on our first night: delicious. Breakfast buffet also very good.
This was an excellent introduction to Myanmar (our first stop) and we look forward to 1 night on our way back home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar