The Savoy was not my first choice, but since the other property was fully booked for my 2nd visit to Yangon, accepted the proposal from my agent to stay there, and I did not regret it!
A beautiful and well restaured colonial hotel, in the center of the city. Did not eat at their restaurant but had a beer (very affordable prices) at their bar.
The swimming pool is small but charming.
Our room (suite 210) was large and very quiet.
Service was attentive, only small remark : have sent a question a few days ago to their guest relation assistant after my departure and have still not received an answer. But this does not deter the quality of my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar