This is a pretty place with charm, but not quite a 'boutique' (too large, too old) and definitely not 5-star. The location is within walking distance of Shwaddegon Pagoda but otherwise uninteresting and the intersection is fairly noisy. The breakfast buffet is not bad but the restaurants are extremely overpriced. The staff is friendly, but not always knowledgeable. I was infuriated by the fact that the management refused to help me out with a room cancelation made a few hours after the 7 days advance deadline, despite the fact that I still stayed in the hotel for 1 night and despite the fact that the hotel was completely sold out. They blamed Agoda; Agoda blamed the hotel. At 30% of the price I paid I'd be quite happy, but I would advise the Chatrium, which is not as charming but far more comfortable and better service, plus considerably less expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar