I wouldn't go back. Don't ask the concierge/receptionist for anything, her prices change constantly there's no published rates for a rental car, hotel car, pick up etc. The chef thinks he's 5 stars, but his food is pretty lousy for US$100.00 dinner for 3 people (when average salary is $30 a month). High price and well, I wouldn't eat there. Service is sweet, they have no idea what they are doing but they are nice. Rooms clean enough but grout needs to be redone, don't look in corners just old. The best thing is the bar there, and appears to be a favorite of local expats. Mostly geezer crowd and Aussies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar