“Not 5-star standards but yet good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of PARKROYAL Yangon

PARKROYAL Yangon
Ranked #10 of 147 Hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Not 5-star standards but yet good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

It claims to be a 5-star hotel but the amenities and services are not upto those standards. Its pretty much overpriced which I assume is more or less with many Yangoon hotels. Still I am giving it a good rating for the cheerful staff, nice Indian food, good breakfast, quick room service and very good sleep quality.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank SarathSubash
Ram N, General Manager at PARKROYAL Yangon, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for choosing PARKROYAL Yangon as your preferred residence in Yangon and for your recommendation in Tripadvisor
We have recently completed extensive renovations of our restaurants, bars and public areas which were completed in early July, I look forward to welcoming you back to share our enhancements with you.
Our beds are comfortable, offer quality sleep and have been appreciated by our valued guests.
Our team is also very pleased to receive your comments on their services and await your next visit.
Please be so kind to drop me a note when you plan your next visit.
PARKROYAL Yangon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had heard of horror stories of hotels in Yangon but I was pleasantly surprised with the character and service of this hotel ! It is a very comfortable 4 star hotel with great location advantage. The rooms are clean and good and the service is also perked up.

The only downside is the internet, which works at its own fancy. But I guess, it is because of the restricted nature of the country that these things happen.

Food is a problem, not only for vegetarians but also for non-veges in Myanmar, if one is not used to the South East Asian style. But the hotel had good food and also a wide variety of choice - Indian, Thai and Japanese.

Overall, very decent !

3 Thank visualiser
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am pleased to have exceeded your expectations from hotels in Yangon. We have recently completed extensive renovations of our Restaurants, Bars and Public Areas.
In addition to our Spice Brasserie offering an extensive a la carte menu and themed buffet each night, we have Specialty restaurants, Si Chuan Dou Hua offering authentic Sichuan flavours with an array of Cantonese dishes and Shiki Tei offering quality Japanese cuisine featuring an extensive buffet each night.
Our internet bandwidth is sufficient to cater our valued room guests as well as patrons of our meeting rooms and restaurants. At times connectivity is impacted due to some essential maintenance at the main gateway.
Please be so kind as to let me know whenever you are visiting next and it would be my pleasure to showcase our renovated restaurants and bars.
I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I can't really comment on the rooms, etc., as I only visited the pool. If you have a couple of hours to kill in Yangon before your bus or flight, you can pay $20 US to swim in their pool and use all their facilities, including sauna, spa, gym and shower. Yes, it's a little pricey, but a real life saver if you've already checked out of your hotel and want to clean up before your journey. Also includes pretty decent Wifi.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Travel_hax
Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for choosing PARKROYAL Yangon as your preferred relaxation venue in Yangon and for your recommendation in Tripadvisor
Earlier this year we have enhanced our Pool ambience with new pool beds, sofas and bar stools for the Pool Bar and have received several commendations.
Hotels gymnasium was also renovated in February and is well liked by our valued guests and day visitors.
I look forward to your next visit, please let me know if you require room reservations.
Nonthaburi, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The room is very nice and clean. It located quite close to Shwedagon Pagoda. I really enjoy my short stay here. Staff are friendly and helpful. For Breakfast, There are many kind of foods, starting from typical Burmese food to Japanese food.

4 Thank Aeyah T
Ram N, General Manager at PARKROYAL Yangon, responded to this review, 18 October 2014
Dear AeyahTantip,

Thank you for your patronage of PARKROYAL Yangon and your kind review and recommendation in TripAdvisor.

Our associates are very encouraged to know your comments on the friendly and helpful service provided by them.

As you have rightfully said, our location is ideal being situated in the central business district and yet within easy reach to several tourist attractions.

We have earlier this year completed our multi- million dollar renovations of all our restaurants and bars which have established their popularity with our valued patrons, I am also pleased to note your appreciation of the promotions offered.

I look forward to your next visit, please be so kind to drop me a note, whenever you plan your next stay.

Kind Regards,

PARKROYAL, Yangon
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed only a night in Park Royal. Enjoyed my short stay.

The bed and pillows were prob the best i have ever slept in. My friend from another room had the same thought as well. So the beds n linen mustbe of great quality.

Bfast was quite wide, lots of western n asian dishes. Even indian stuff. Loads of pastries and bread. Very nice.

The room was also nice and quite big and comfy. Just that their wall sockets are limited and not well positioned. The bathroom design is also a little off. But they had very nice amenities.

Overall a really nice place to rest and chill out in busy yangon.

Room Tip: Dont get a room facing the main road. It gets noise with traffic and people talking loudly at the dr...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank manhattancard3
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is in downtown Yangon. Breakfast is very good, and staff are friendly and helpful.

Swimming pool is a bit short for lap swimming, and the gym is rather basic.

The only downside I have is of the bathroom/toilet. Perhaps it's my corner room, but the toilet bowl was too big and the door could not open completely (not even a 90degrees), making it rather inconvenient to step into and out of the toilet.

Also, the sink is way too low. I'm standing at 166m, and finds that I've to bend over too much. First hotel ever to have such a low sink. Not much that can be done about it anyway.

Overall, a good hotel except for the grouses I have of the bathroom.

2 Thank aurora26
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I had a great stay at this hotel for a day on 26 April. The hotel gave me a spacious large room, with all amenities. I liked my room very much since it had sofa chairs for guests.

I liked the staff of the hotel also. They are ever smiling and very helpful. The lady at the entrance, in green typically Burmese dress, helped me with my transport arrangements also Now, this is very useful, if you do not know the local language. The staff is also very young, all in, their 20s, but very hardworking and capable.

As a vegetarian Indian, I was happy with my food here. There is an Indian chef, so you are safe. I dined in the night, the Indian chef was away but he had trained a local chef who was able to look after me very well. He even gave me an "Aloo Paratha" with Dal Fry. There were also small dosas for breakfast in the morning!

I had a very happy and comfortable stay here.

5 Thank RajuAneja