“Remind me of Home...”
Review of PARKROYAL Yangon

PARKROYAL Yangon
Ranked #12 of 159 Hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed in ParkRoyal last week when I went on business trip for an event. Truly remind me of home as they have all the same restaurant, cafe name as the one in Singapore which I have visited many occasions as one my company corporate hotel. Good location, great service and very nice clean room. Love the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank CaseyTeh
Ram N, General Manager at PARKROYAL Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for your patronage of PARKROYAL Yangon and for your kind review and recommendation in Tripadvisor.
It is a pleasure to note that you have stayed in our sister Hotel in Singapore and are able to relate your stay with us to your experience in Singapore.
Our team is very pleased to receive your comments and we look forward to your next visit.
Please be so kind to let me know whenever you plan your next trip.

There are newer reviews for PARKROYAL Yangon

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Park Royal is a tidy business hotel plus pool (a god send after a hot day in Yangon).

There were a number of events (weddings and conferences) during the days that we were there, and the staff managed and coordinated their various guests very well, also helping us arrange casual business meetings in the lobby. Staff by the pool … not so on the ball.

Room size was good; though décor and bathroom are showing their age. Staff and service were generally good, and always accommodating and approachable. Wifi was available and stable.

A walk down to the Strand for a drink takes just over 20 minutes, and Bogyoke Market is a 5 minute walk. Would probably choose a different spot for a vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank GilbertoAndJorge
Ram N, General Manager at PARKROYAL Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,
PARKROYAL Yangon enjoys preferred status for many events, meetings as well as social events and weddings.
I am working with my team to enhance our services by the Swimming Pool, please accept my apologies for any delay in our service.
I thank you again for your valuable comments and look forward to your next visit.
Please be so kind to drop me note whenever you plan your trip
Kind regards

Reviewed 10 June 2014

It was a business trip. I was accompanied by my colleague. One of my colleague is a frequent traveller to Yangon and he has stayed many times in this hotel. It was among finest hotel where I have stayed. I am not aware about local area so cannot comment on location but I sensed that it is in prime area so good for business traveller. Staff was courteous and friendly. Room was nice clean and specious. One of the best thing is its breakfast spread, it was awesome. You will find Indian food also there. My overall experience was fabulous.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank MMor_Syd

Dear Sir / Madam,
As you have rightfully noted, our location is prime, being within the Central Business District and yet remaining within easy reach to several tourist and retail attractions.
We have recently completed extensive renovation of all our Restaurants and Bars and have also enhanced our services and culinary offerings.
Our team is very pleased with your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Please be so kind to drop me a note whenever you plan your next visit.
Kind regards

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hospitality is almost overwhelming. The staff is very cordial and happy to assist you. You do not need any adapters as the rooms have universal plugs for your cell phone and Laptop chargers. They provided us with unlimited bottles of water and the breakfast buffer (included) was outstanding.
The staff will flag down a taxi for you and also negotiate the fare. It has to be the best, most comfortable hotel stay I have ever had.
Only disappointment was their club which was dead, our team were the only people there.
The lunch and dinner are expensive. The counter will change your Dollars, but at a rate lower than the market. The hotel will even hold your luggage in case your flight is later than the checkout time.

Room Tip: Some floors are smoking, so please mention to the staff if you want a non smoking room.
3  Thank Quazi F
Ram N, General Manager at PARKROYAL Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for choosing PARKROYAL Yangon as your preferred residence in Yangon and for your recommendation in Tripadvisor.
Our team is very pleased with your comments on the service provided by them and look forward to your return visit soon.
We conduct a pricing survey regularly and our aim is to always offer quality food and good value.
Club 5 itself was re-launched on 16 July after completion of all upgrade works. It’s popularity is increasing with growing patronage.
Majority of the hotels rooms are non - smoking as are all restaurants, meeting rooms and public areas.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon, please be so kind as to drop me a note whenever you plan your visit.
With kind regards,
General Manager,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

It claims to be a 5-star hotel but the amenities and services are not upto those standards. Its pretty much overpriced which I assume is more or less with many Yangoon hotels. Still I am giving it a good rating for the cheerful staff, nice Indian food, good breakfast, quick room service and very good sleep quality.

5  Thank SarathSubash

Dear Sir / Madam,
We have recently completed extensive renovations of our restaurants, bars and public areas which were completed in early July, I look forward to welcoming you back to share our enhancements with you.
Our beds are comfortable, offer quality sleep and have been appreciated by our valued guests.
Our team is also very pleased to receive your comments on their services and await your next visit.
Please be so kind to drop me a note when you plan your next visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had heard of horror stories of hotels in Yangon but I was pleasantly surprised with the character and service of this hotel ! It is a very comfortable 4 star hotel with great location advantage. The rooms are clean and good and the service is also perked up.

The only downside is the internet, which works at its own fancy. But I guess, it is because of the restricted nature of the country that these things happen.

Food is a problem, not only for vegetarians but also for non-veges in Myanmar, if one is not used to the South East Asian style. But the hotel had good food and also a wide variety of choice - Indian, Thai and Japanese.

Overall, very decent !

3  Thank visualiser

Dear Sir / Madam,
I am pleased to have exceeded your expectations from hotels in Yangon. We have recently completed extensive renovations of our Restaurants, Bars and Public Areas.
In addition to our Spice Brasserie offering an extensive a la carte menu and themed buffet each night, we have Specialty restaurants, Si Chuan Dou Hua offering authentic Sichuan flavours with an array of Cantonese dishes and Shiki Tei offering quality Japanese cuisine featuring an extensive buffet each night.
Our internet bandwidth is sufficient to cater our valued room guests as well as patrons of our meeting rooms and restaurants. At times connectivity is impacted due to some essential maintenance at the main gateway.
Please be so kind as to let me know whenever you are visiting next and it would be my pleasure to showcase our renovated restaurants and bars.
I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I can't really comment on the rooms, etc., as I only visited the pool. If you have a couple of hours to kill in Yangon before your bus or flight, you can pay $20 US to swim in their pool and use all their facilities, including sauna, spa, gym and shower. Yes, it's a little pricey, but a real life saver if you've already checked out of your hotel and want to clean up before your journey. Also includes pretty decent Wifi.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Travel_hax

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for choosing PARKROYAL Yangon as your preferred relaxation venue in Yangon and for your recommendation in Tripadvisor
Earlier this year we have enhanced our Pool ambience with new pool beds, sofas and bar stools for the Pool Bar and have received several commendations.
Hotels gymnasium was also renovated in February and is well liked by our valued guests and day visitors.
I look forward to your next visit, please let me know if you require room reservations.