“Beautiful Place to stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kandawgyi Palace Hotel

The Kandawgyi Palace Hotel
Ranked #15 of 147 Hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Beautiful Place to stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was there January 8-14 and it was one of the best Hotel experiences I have ever had. The room 120 with a deck view to the lake is fantabulous! Rain shower head, beautiful marble and granite, very we'll appointed and beds a dream puff! The staff was attentive and response time to requests was fast. The grounds are beautiful, the food was great and the staff extremely pleasant and well dressed. Overall excellent experience, the only reason I did not give it 5 star is that it smelled slightly moldy, but the Hotel is all teak and sets off of a lake, as well as humidity is very high in Yangon, but I loved every minute of it and would schedule my next visit there at the Kandawgyi again !

Room Tip: I would say the "room with a lake view" the deluxe w/deck to the lake view, a little more...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed at the Kandawgyi Palace Hotel at the beginning and end of our tour of Myanmar. We found it comfortable, quiet, well appointed and the staff very professional and helpful. The grounds were lovely and we enjoyed strolling through them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Myrna A
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed at The Kandawgyi Palace Hotel for one night. We arrived to Yangoon very early in the morning and met our great guide and driver at the airport (around 8 in the morning). Before going on our full day sightseeing-tour we drew to our hotel and vere surprised that we got our room at once upon arrivel. We got a verty warm welcome upon arrival. The room was large and beatuiful, we really loved the desig. Big bathroom with separate shower and bath. Very clean and comfortable beds. The garden with the pool was beautiful and had a nice view ower the lake. In the eavning the wiew to the Schwedagong pagoda was magical. We had dinner at the Chainees-restaurang at the hotel and it was delicous. The day after we left very earliy so we vere told that we could have a smaller continetal preacfast (as it was 1 1/2 hours before ordinary breakfst started) but I must say that this breakfast was much better and bigger than a lot of hotels have as ordinary breakfast.
We really enjoyed staying at this hotel and would absolutely recomend it. Great rooms, very friendly staff and good location.

4 Thank Mats_Stockholm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I never stayed at any other hotel in Yangon but we had friends that stayed in I others they said ours was very nice compared to there's. We enjoyed it the staff was great the A/C was cold and the bed was very comfortable. The French restaurant was not worth the money spent but overall it was very nice, clean and staff was great.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel after staying at Traders' during my last trip to Yangon. Due to this, Traders' was my point of comparison. Unfortunately Kandawgyi Palace Hotel did not meet the high standards set by Traders' Hotel.

The hotel and the room met my basic needs but missed out on being perfect. Some of my observations are as follows,
- only toiletries provided are shampoo and foaming bath gel
- room is not carpeted and the tiled floor is not the cleanest. The floor is also very slippery.
- lighting in the room is very dim and not at all conducive to working in the room
- lack of power points in the room, especially near the bed
- swimming pools are quite a walk from the rooms
- hotel is not conveniently located

I had a massage at the spa and was surprised when I was led to a hotel bed for my massage. Not only was it uncomfortable getting the massage on a springy bed, but the bedsprings were effectively absorbing the pressure applied on my body. This made it seem like the masseuse was simply applying oil on my body, and not actually massaging it!

In my opinion the hotel is good for those staying for leisure but not so much for business travelers.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I had a wonderful view of the temple from my window.
At night the temple stood out in the dark.
The view of Lake Kandawgyi around the hotel was a nice.
The swimming pools around the hotel just blends in with the lake.
I enjoyed my walking tour around the lake.

Room Tip: elevator goes to all five floors. However rooms on one side of the 5th floor is only access by stair...
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

What a beautiful oasis in Yangon. The hotel is very attractive with its teak , gardens and outdoor seating. The room was pretty and comfortable. Lots of atmosphere here.
Why would anyone ever want to stay at the Strand ( with its outrageous prices and undesirable location on a busy downtown street) when you could escape to the Kandawgyi Palace and get away from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple